Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What martial art would be more effective in a violent altercation Mauy Thai...

...or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? Hello everyone, well I have been training in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai for about 3 months each, twice a week. On Tuesday one class of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and on Wensday Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai so I have more expierience in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Back to my question tho, what would be more effective in a 1 on 1 street fight, NO knives, NO guns and NO 4 on 1. Just a one on one fight, so Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai? Personal fighting expierence with using either one of these martial arts in a fight would be appreciate'd, thanks. AND ALSO IF THE OTHER PERSON DOES NOT HAVE ANY MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    both of them. you should learn how to fight on the ground as same as you learn on feet.

because fights usualy end up on the ground.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Against someone with no martial arts (considering street fighting a style here as I know street fighters who are the equal to any black belt) either style will do well. They're both sports, but against someone without training they're vicious.

As to which one will be more effective, that depends on the martial artist. For me, with my long legs and long arms, I'd be better off with Muay Thai. On top of that I'm not comfortable grappling. Too much of my training has been focused on NOT ending up on the ground. For a smaller person with different training, BJJ would be better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the other person has ZERO ma experience I say BJJ, subbing a newbie is supper easy, regardless of who they are.

Some guys can still punch pretty damn hard wo training

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so in retrospect, half of the crowd says BJJ and the other Muay thai

you learning 2 styles can only disadvantage you if you get confused on what to give the most commitment.

do which ever one you enjoy, either way, when a fight happens you will always return to what ever training you learnt, you wont stand there thinking "sh1t..i should of done muay thai for this situation"

either way, training or no training, the outcome is always either win or loose. All comes down on how you act at the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so in retrospect, half of the crowd says BJJ and the other Muay thai

you learning 2 styles can only disadvantage you if you get confused on what to give the most commitment.

do which ever one you enjoy, either way, when a fight happens you will always return to what ever training you learnt, you wont stand there thinking "sh1t..i should of done muay thai for this situation"

either way, training or no training, the outcome is always either win or loose. All comes down on how you act at the time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gonna tell you something firsthand, you do NOT wanna be on your back in a "violent altercation". Layin there like your boys on television will get your head kicked in that much I guarantee you. Them guys got rules, although many of you think that what you are seeing is a "real" fight, it's very far from it. Why? They're not expecting the other competitor to bite the sh*t out of them or to kick their head around the floor. And while you may think that weapons never come into play, you are largely mistaken.

Muay Thai is one of many martial arts no one ever f*ckin heard about till it hit Spike. Kick a determined motherf*cker in his leg and see where that gets you. Knee him in his face in your little clinch position and hope you pull it off before he sucks that leg in and beats you lifeless.

Keep at it though, you're gonna find out one day that what you watch on TV ain't how it plays out in real life. Unfortunately for you, you'll learn this on one sad occasion when all your training betrays you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, grappling is something you have to learn and know the technique to be effective and once you take them to the ground they won't know what to do. If you keep it standing with Muay thai everyone has a punchers chance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gonna tell you something firsthand, you do NOT wanna be on your back in a "violent altercation". Layin there like your boys on television will get your head kicked in that much I guarantee you. Them guys got rules, although many of you think that what you are seeing is a "real" fight, it's very far from it. Why? They're not expecting the other competitor to bite the sh*t out of them or to kick their head around the floor. And while you may think that weapons never come into play, you are largely mistaken.

Muay Thai is one of many martial arts no one ever f*ckin heard about till it hit Spike. Kick a determined motherf*cker in his leg and see where that gets you. Knee him in his face in your little clinch position and hope you pull it off before he sucks that leg in and beats you lifeless.

Keep at it though, you're gonna find out one day that what you watch on TV ain't how it plays out in real life. Unfortunately for you, you'll learn this on one sad occasion when all your training betrays you.

They would both work but on different principles. The Muay Thai guy would use his violent striking but the BJJ guy could take the guy down or just hold him and keep him from doing any harm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information