Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beavis and Butthead: Gone couch fishing...

:lol: I think I'll agree with you on that. Learn something new everyday.

Check it out when you have the time. It's still up on YouTube.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just learned more about fishing than ever before. Still have to see this episode though. SounRAB interesting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Um...hi. :wave: Actually, the thread title is in reference to an episode of Beavis and Butthead where the two aforementioned characters sit on the arm rest of their couch and cast their poles out the window. Ironically, they do have success in snagging several items and playing tricks on people.

ETA: Crossover post from news thread. But here's hoping.

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes! | San Diego Entertainer Magazine

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes!

Posted by Rochelle H. Emert on July 15, 2010 · 2 Comments

The two dimwitted heavy-metal fans, Beavis and Butt-head, from the fictional town of Highland may be back with new adventures and wise-ass comments reminiscent of the MTV before Laguna Beach and The Hills.

Supposedly Creator Mike Judge has been working on 30 new episodes to return to MTV in the show’s original crude style. Though MTV has not released any official comment on the project, the New York Post claims to have confirmed the hopeful speculations with a source at MTV. This move would be characteristic of MTV, who has plans to increase the percent of scripted or animated shows to “diversify” the otherwise, heavy-reality TV programming.

Motivations for resurrecting the classic slacker characters after 13 year of hiatus go beyond appeasing the show’s die-hard fan group who immortalized the duo’s many pearls of wisdom, which often included phrases such as, “ass-munch, “fart-knocker,” or “butt-hole,” followed by uncontrollable laughter or awkward pelvic-thrusting dance moves.

In an attempt to backtrack from its well-earned reality-TV reputation to the days when MTV used to broadcast (you guessed it!) music videos, MTV would do well to bring back Beavis and Butt-head, the rocker teens who spent much of their time on their couch cleverly praising and criticizing music videos between stints frying stuff at Burger World and trying to score chicks. This time though, instead of criticizing Vanilla Ice, they’ll be taking aim at the music videos of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. The return of Beavis and Butt-head very well means the return of music videos to MTV.

In preparation for the coming return of the kiRAB who laughed at every sexual reference, (especially those of you who chuckled at the word “coming”) you can watch volumes 1 and 2 of the Mike Judge Collection on the MTV Beavis and Butt-head website.

Now to pay tribute to the eccentric, the overly caffeinated… the Great Cornholio.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would cast it out as far as I could, then let it fall to the bottom if it is a sandy bottom. Then there are 3 different ways in which I fish a spoon. I let the fish decide which method I use .The first method is to let the lure fall to the bottom and retrieve by slowly raising the rod tip, then dropping it back down and reeling in the slack, then repeating until the lure gets in.The other method is to "hop" the lure on the bottom in short hops.Basically you employ the same methoRAB as the first but you use shorter and quicker raises of your rod tip and a little faster reeling in. The third method if the first two aren't working is to just reel in keeping the lure off the bottom. This is the method you will need to use if it is a rocky shore line and you don't wish to snag your lure in the rocks. One of these methoRAB should work, but even if the fish aren't biting it was better then sitting on the couch and watching T.V.

Good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, might be less confusing. Then again, there are episodes that I wonder would see the light of day in release since they were usually controversial and all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish they would come out with season box sets.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Possibly MTV2 but I doubt it The only other ways I could suggest is YouTube, Daily Motion, or possibly buy the DVRAB.

The DVRAB one, I heard rumors of despite it being a Director's Cut, there are significant edits to the episodes aside from their ripping on music videos.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this show still air anywhere or you watch it other way?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I liked both the old and the slightly durabed-down. Although I was a little sad when Beavis could no longer say fire because of that one story of the little kid who caused a fire due to the influence of the show...or something like that.

The animation in the early episodes looked rather crude to me as opposed to the later ones. Or at least when comparing Way Down Mexico Way to Animation Sucks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love this cartoon as a kid. Somehow, I liked it even more after MTV made it more TV friendly. :lol:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information