I have an old T2 on which the digitizer has pretty much stopped working. Got a new TX. Can't transfer information (mainly memo pad) from old to new unit for several reasons.
T2 cradle uses serial port; TX is USB. New computer (on which I want to have the TX palm desktop) doesn't have a serial port. Can't load new software onto old computer and then try to merge the two palm desktops -- "fatal error" comes up. Old computer (has T2's palm desktop) won't recognize TX when I try to sync through USB port (trying to sync to old desktop to transfer info). Can't beam from old to new since T2's digitizer is kaput. Can't email old palm desktop to myself to install on new computer and thus hotsync.
I even tried to sync my wife's palm on the old computer but with my (not her) palm desktop, then beam my memos from her palm to my TX, but when trying to sync it recognizes the handheld as hers, not mine, and defaults to syncing with her (not my) palm desktop.
Any suggestions? On getting the digitizer to work one last time, or any of the rest of the problems?
Help!