Well, my N8's battery ran down this evening on the way home from a friend's place while using navigation in OVI Maps. Gave me a scare because Nokia Battery Monitor said I still had > 75% left, yet it still turned itself off. Was sure I had a dud. Got home, plugged in the charger, left for 10 minutes, and fortunately it powered back up. The battery meter in the upper right corner said 10% and charging. So maybe the battery was dying and NBM isn't accurate. At any rate, I backed up my phone using OVI suite, just in case.

By the way, OVI Maps rocks. Offline search for supermarkets, stores like future shop, home depot, etc, all works. Navigation is really cool too, with overhead and 3D view, voice guidance that works even when viewing another app like the calendar, etc. Route recalculation was faster than an old Tom Tom I once used. My wife has a Nexus One, and even she says Ovi Maps is more awesome than anything she's found for Android (so far). Maps and the camera are the two things I like most about the N8. And the phone. the call quality is awesome.