PLEASE DONT ATTEMPT TO ANSWER IF YOU DONT HAVE LEGAL KNOWLEDGE. I had my identity stolen in febuary 2006. They ran up a sprint bill in my name so to save face i called to pay it even though it technically wasnt mine. After i pay $402 they operator says "now ill transfer you to cancellations department"! After the 402 they wanted $250 to cancel the account so i hung up because i just paid them my last ($402). Three and a half years later i find my first house i want to purchase. After I jump through hoops, during closing I get a denial letter! Sprint re-aged the $250 as if it was current, or as if i had made a recent payment! This plumitted my score 32 points, 14 points shy of the approval cutoff! I know its against federal law due to the creation of the FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT for Sprint to do this. They are suppose to report the date the debt became delinquent, not the current date they began trying to collect on it. When I call sprint they either put me on hold and never come back or the line gets disconnected. Im tired of unethical business practices by big corperations and how they are being able to run unregulated. They cost me a home and about $3500 i spent getting ready to be a home owner (inspections etc.). I live in Dallas county if the makes any difference (Texas). I want to file the paper work in the morning to sue Sprint PCS for $5,000 for stress, lost monies, mental anguish etc. but can i sue them? How long would they have to pay if I sued and won?