Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

11-year old has painful feet and ankles after long hike or walk?

How come my son, who is now 11, has always had painful feet and ankles after a walk. He can walk a short while and then he starts complaining about the pain. He has mildly flat feet and he's been to a doctor and the doctor just recommended stretches. I'm frustrated and I'm hoping that maybe someone has some answers. Thanks!

There are two places that you are going to have to work on him to get rid of this. One is the bottom of his foot. Give him a nice massage and then put both of your thumbs, side by side, at the back of his arch right in front of the heel. Press in firmly as far as he will let you and hold. After 30 seconds have him raise his toes up as far as he can, release the pressure but have him hold his toes there for another 30 seconds.
    Move to the top of his foot and front. Right where the foot and leg meet there is a little opening that you can feel there. Take two fingers and spread them across the opening and press in and hold that pressure for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds have him extend his foot down, slowly, as far as he can. Release the pressure but hold the foot there for another 30 seconds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information