Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

cell phone dangers?help please?

ok i was watching the news and i saw that talking on a cell phone could cause brain cancer, and that you should use bluetoothor a headset when on the phone.is this true, is this gonna stop you from talking on the cell phone please help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As your previous respondent says, "Cell phones HAVE NOT been proven to cause ..."

That is true.

It is also true that that they have not been proven NOT to cause .....

Until, or unless, there is proof one way or the other it would be wise to err on the side of prudence and follow the various gems of advice which are bandied about.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not true. Years ago, back in the early 90's I believe researchers believed that the rays from cell phones could give you brain cancer. They have found it's not true, but the rumor never really died. No worries friend, talk all you want on it, you'll have no problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not true. Years ago, back in the early 90's I believe researchers believed that the rays from cell phones could give you brain cancer. They have found it's not true, but the rumor never really died. No worries friend, talk all you want on it, you'll have no problems.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It will not stop me from using my cell phone. Recently, I saw an article that stated Smoking is less dangerous than talking on a cell phone. Oddly, the next day, that article was on the news and they considered it insane.

Cell phones HAVE NOT been proven to cause brain cancer, tumors, etc. Some cell phones are less likely to cause cancer compared to others (if it was even possible). All phones are given a SAR rating by the FCC. The lower the SAR rating, the safer the phone. All of Verizon's phones have a SAR rating of 2.5 or lower, which is excellent. AT&T's and T-Mobile's have a SAR rating of 5 or less, which isn't the best. It is simply because the frequencies they use.

DESPITE recent YouTube videos and internet videos, cell phones cannot pop popcorn as shown in many videos. They were completely set up.

Bluetooths also use radio frequencies as well, so they can be as harmful as cell phones, if it is possible for either of them to be harmful. A bluetooth headset does emit less radiation than a normal cell phone.

IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF HARM FROM USING A CELL PHONE, FOLLOW A FEW SIMPLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:

1. USE A HOLSTER. DO NOT KEEP YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET, SINCE IT IS RELEASING RADIATION WHILE IT IS TURNED ON.

2. HOLD THE PHONE ABOUT 1-2 INCHES FROM YOUR EAR. CELL PHONES EMIT A CERTAIN KIND OF RADIO FREQUENCY/RADIATION THAT GETS WEAKER WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT OF DISTANCE.

3. USE A BLUETOOTH, OR IF POSSIBLE A CORDED HEADSET.

4. ELIMINATE CELL PHONE EXPOSURE COMPLETELY.

Hope this helped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information