Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Do you wonder how many Italians are ashamed of their inept court system for

convicting an innocent Amanda Knox? I'm Italian heritage and I'm definitely ashamed that they allowed a corrupt prosecutor in a kangaroo court with an unsequestered jury and gossip media coverage to railroad an innocent foreigner. What a mockery of justice.
    EDIT: Hey, I never said Knox was perfect! And I never implied that the American court system doesn't also also screw up (Yes, OJ Simpson got away with murder because of flaws in the American justice system).

My point is that the Italian courts allowed a prosecutor who is well known for corruption to make up evidence, an unsequestered jury to be tainted by tabloid journalism and other people's opinions by taking breaks away from the courtroom for weeks at a time, and the contamination of objects that were used to make the case. Knox was convicted for no other reason than they found her unlikeable. That kind of dishonesty is unforgivable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly don't know whether she is guilty or innocent. But, I do know that the evidence was pretty weak. I wonder if the Italians that live there even care to be honest? What is the overall Italian attitude? Is is like France where they hate Americans?? I don't know. But, most of them probably don't care about what the world thinks. America is too obsessed with what the world thinks of our image, that is why we are in 100 different wars all of the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information