Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dangers of putting phone number on the internet sites?

What really are the dangers involved with displaying mobile phone number on the internet.I heard that it can pose danger to person in the long run as in threats by others.Is it true that people can use the number to blackmail you, more so if you are a woman.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll get a lot of heavy breathing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are basically just making your number available to the world.
    Depending on what other details are there with it (name, address, interests, sex, children's names, pets names) you open yourself up to various forms of abuse and potential actions from people that might like to (say) ring you and tell you your children have been injured (for example).
    Don't ask me why - I don't understand it - but some people really seem to find it amusing.
    Never had a seemingly nonsense call like that? I can assure you it can have a devastating affect.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    people can pay a fee to get all of your personal information by just having your phone number. so, not only are creeps going to harass, threaten, and try to blackmail by calling you, you may even answer the door to one of them. Do not put your phone number out there!! It's too scary!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there is a lot of dangers really buddy its best not to because if people get your phone number they will phone you and phone you also some perverts might get there hands on your number it will not be very nice to have people like pervs phoning you do you eh so just dont give your number to random people ok

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A number isn't as dangerous as putting something like your home address online, which is plain stupidity. As far as phone numbers, all someone can do is call with threats, or call and be annoying, etc etc. It just depends if you want to go through that. If you wind up with a stalker it can be highly annoying, where you actually have to end up buying a new simcard for your phone, or permanently leaving your phone on silent or off. It can get dangerous when you start answering stupid questions like: what do you look like, where do you live, can we meet etc...so in my opinion, putting any personal information on the internet is plain stupidity, and DOES have the potential to become dangerous.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted a car for sale on craigslist.com once. I posted my number. Some kids called me like 4 times on night like at 3:00 a.m. and were acting like idiots asking about the car. Clearly stoned and drunk teens. The last time they called I tricked them by saying "o.k. Officer, did you get the trace?" in a hushed tone....That stopped them. Could have been worse.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information