Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dustercat21

Is there any benefit of getting nice rims on a car other than aesthetic value?

I was talking to a friend and we got into a discussion about rims on car tires. We saw an SUV with huge rims and we both kind of asked each other if huge rims like that give an SUV any benefit other than the aesthetic value and making the car look cool.

So... is there any benefit to huge rims on a car other an aesthetic value and if so, what are they?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on how big. Putting an 18" wheel on a mustang shortens the sidewall of the tire but not so far that it kills ride quality. This helps improve handling and sharpness. Put some 22" wheels on SUV's, they increase stopping distances, reduce the load capacity, increase chances of a tire blowout, ruin the ride quality and generally make a big SUV into generally a rolling death machine. This is why I advocate making wheels over a certain size illegal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on how big. Putting an 18" wheel on a mustang shortens the sidewall of the tire but not so far that it kills ride quality. This helps improve handling and sharpness. Put some 22" wheels on SUV's, they increase stopping distances, reduce the load capacity, increase chances of a tire blowout, ruin the ride quality and generally make a big SUV into generally a rolling death machine. This is why I advocate making wheels over a certain size illegal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information