Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dolphins5554

What do I need for a good Sound System thats uses 3Amps and 2Subs?

I'm wanting to put a pretty sound system into my s-10 truck, I'm willing to spend up to 1,000 to 1,500 on it. I really dont know a whole lot about sound systems but I have been learning a lot since doing some research on it. I have already bought two 12'' Kenwood subs(400 rms watts each at 4ohms) but before I go out and buy the other stuff I want to make sure I'm going about it the right way. I'm wanting to use three amps- two mono amps thats 300rms watts each to power my subs and a 4 channel amp to power my rear speakers and front component speakers. I also plan on buying a good head unit, crossover, power distrubution block, and a capacitor(although some say caps are not worth it). For right now I'm just trying to buy the components I need for the system and worrie about how to install them latter after I know what I need so for this question I just want to know what components I need.

Here is a list of all the things I'm planning on buying.

Kenwood Excelon CD receiver
    2- Kenwood mono amps 300 watts rms x 1 @ 4 ohms each
    Kenwood 4-channel amp 50 watts rms x 4
    Kenwood 4"x10" 2way rear speakers 8-55 watts rms
    Kenwood component speaker system 8-65 watts RMS
    Kicker KX3 active 3-Way Electronic Crossover
    StreetWires power distribution block
    StreetWires 1-farad capacitor

Is there anything I need to add, remove, or change. I would really appriciate the help. Thank to anyone who helps.

Matt M
    I'm gonna say that you don't even need the third amp for the rear speakers. But if you want it go ahead... it's not my system. With 3 or even just 2 amps you're gonna be pulling a h*ll of a lot of power from your battery. You may want the Big 3 upgrade. I'm not completely sure what it is but the Big 3 better gauge wires in your electical system under the hood. Its an upgraded battery ground wire, battery - alternator cable, and something else I think, not sure. But you will need that to keep constant power to your battery and to keep it from dying. You may even want to buy a high power alternator to recharge the battery. Aside all that, I'd get a set of jumper cables, because I'd almost gaurantee you'll kill the battery at least once.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information