Okay, so I have 2,200$. I want to buy a vehicle that has no hidden issues and that is completely reliable. I dont want the eingine turning off on me when i'm driving or any problems with the car. I just want the car to run smoothly. So I wanted to pa at most 1700$ for a car. I look on ebay and craigslist and it seems that no cars fall under 1000, even if their like 1988. So I see the average price for cars 1990-1996 is 1500, but it seems that if i save another 1000 I can get a car thats like 2003 or 2004. I remember back in the day my mom bought a car that was like 1988 in 1998 and she only paid like 700$ for it, but it was completely reliable. Anyway, I wanted to know what should I be willing to spend to get a reliable car. It seems that prices for each car fluctuate regardless of year. Sometimes I see something that looks nice and is only like 1000, but i'm afraid it will have some hidden problem. I know nothing about cars and this will be the first car I ever buy. How can I be sure not to be scammed? I want a reliable car in decent cosmetic condition.