Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I have to use the Panasonic wireless LAN adapter with my new Blu Ray player?

The Panasonic adapter seems to be much more expensive that any other adapter on the market but my nearest hard connection is in another room from my blu ray player.

The operating instructions say only the DY-WL10 Panasonic model will work but it is priced at $100. Can I use another brand of USB adapter like a netgear or d-link which is available for less than $50.

Unregistered

Re: Do I have to use the Panasonic wireless LAN adapter with my new Blu Ray player?

I just bought the panasonic blu ray player DMP-BD655P-K mainly cause the box mentioned that the unit was "wireless ready" and I wanted to connect to my netflix account. I dont have a physical lan connection available where this unit was going to be placed, and wanted to connect via my wireless router.

However, the manual mentions that this unit will only work with a specific usb wireless lan adapter !!! One that costs $99 online !!

Really pissed off at Panasonic that the box didnt mention the fact that the wireless adapter is _strongly_ coupled to their model.

A word to Panasonic, you as a national company *should* mention this fact on your box so customers are aware and purchase accordingly.

Now I am going to re-pack this dvd player and return to the store I bought it from, which doesnt do anyone any good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information