Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

can I sue m gym?/? I am so fed up and livid!!!?

SO basically I started a mambership 3 months ago... I didn't havemy paper but I told im I always get this deal in the mail to re-new my membership.. He lookedup my account and said ok yea ur valid. He said just pay 15.99... I said that's it no 9.99 as well he said nope that's it?? He said yep for the first mont your covered. Next I ad issues with some "over-due" past ue payment 2 days after I started (re-newed). The manger took me into his office sat me down idk what to do and called his "regional manager" he said no sorry for the confussion you need to pay the 9.99 now. So I thought I had to yet I was told I didn't have to in the first place! Then I said well then since my next montly payment (which should have been intitially covered by this 9.99 I just paid) they kept harassing me with overdue more overdue it was "over due I guess but it should have been covered in the first place also the manager said it's ok you can pay it this week "5/19/10").. I went in today they wouldn't let me workout. I also had an issue with there little "fit plus" classes which did not state $5 extra. So i walked in one day not knowing and the lady got mad at me and told me to pay at the front. I told them ummm it dosnt say $5 on the schedule... Next month all of a sudden the "fit plus" class all say $5 extra... I told them I was cancelling my membership it was rediculous and I'd have my dad talk to them and talk to a lawyer. I said I got to "XXX" school" he sarcasticly said nice "I'm alumni" (the general manager) He also was talking beind my back to his employee saying I was "crazy". Are you kdding me? This is a professional gym. He also said to me when I said trust me my dad will come in "is that a threat"... I said uh no did it sound like one? im a 5'3 22 year old young woman.... Can I sue them for anything whatsoever???
    yep... you obviously are not educated
    n'k well L.A. fitness got sued te crap out of them?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can sue a ham sandwich if you want to.

However, filing a suit and winning a suit are really different things.

Lawsuits are designed to compensate you for your losses. I'm not really seeing where you suffered any losses here. Sounds like you need to read your contract with the gym so that you know what it is you're buying.

- Stuart

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information