Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the whole bible really inspired by God?

Truth is an essential part of holiness and understanding and exposing lies must be an intricate part of anyone's journey in the pursuit of truth.

Fact 1. The bible was written by many individuals as letters or documents and must be judged individually to prove or disprove their authenticity.

Fact 2. Any contradiction must be considered by scrutinizing the original text not the translated texts.
    Fact 3. If there are contradictions that appear then they cannot be dismissed, but rather ought to be understood so as to thoroughly and clearly be denounced as heresy: if indeed they do actually exist.

For the purpose of showing the dangers of using the English translated text, as ones authority, and to show the clear err in interpretation and the dangers of buying into the idea that a text is beyond reproach, as many KJV postulates have done, I submit the following text into evidence as an apparent contradiction. I state as an apparent contradiction because the contradiction is not actually in the Greek but rather exists only in the English.

Jesus clearly states that in order to be his disciple one must count the cost; the following scriptures give clarity on his statements so as to not misunderstand that he is very clear about the cost of being a follower of his and that one should consider what they are getting into before they begin the journey that they might be considering by being one of his followers.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
    Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
    Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
    Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
    Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
    Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
    Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
    Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Now Paul appears to be contradicting this message in Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." When one looks at the Greek text they can see that the Greek word translated into the term "free gift" actually is an err and should be gratuity and as any translator can tell you, this type of err is extremely easy to make and can give a totally different meaning to an intended text. In this case it would be a contradiction to the teachings of Jesus and in the KJV as well as many other versions they have erred in translating this text. Jesus was clear" salvation is not a free gift, the cost is everything.

Now here is a contradiction of different sorts. In the old testament the elders of the children of Israel asked for a king and this displeased Samuel: a prophet of God. The following is the recorded incident of the events:

1Sa 8:1 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.
    1Sa 8:2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beersheba.
    1Sa 8:3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.
    1Sa 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
    1Sa 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.
    1Sa 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
    1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Now according to the text God stated that by asking for a king He would not be reigning/ruling over them. But here we have a different conclusion in the same bible from Paul in Romans 13:1-6

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    Rom 13:4 Fo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's the Law and the Prophets. There's the Writings (includes history). There's the NT.

So, I give more inspiration to the teachings of Christ than to the Book of Jude. There's more inspiration from the prophets (David was a prophet too). Prophets wrote most of the Old Testament.

The history and writings for the nation of Israel have inspiration but not like the prophets and Christ.

Each of us must read for ourselves and go with what we 'know' of course.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes... by a bunch of perverts that put together the Bible God!

In Bible times, anytime they saw a prophet in the nude they knew that he/she was truly speaking for GOD!

1 Samuel 19 24 He* (*King Saul) STRIPPED OFF HIS ROBES and also prophesied in Samuel's presence. HE LAY THAT WAY ALL THAT DAY AND NIGHT. This is why people say, "Is Saul also among the prophets?"

At that time, all the prophets of God must have been high on something and going about naked to achieve the greatest impact on people! That’s how King Saul was recognized as another of the elite prophets of God! This is the honest “naked truth” in the Bible! The Christians blame “atheistic immorality” if we don’t go about fully dressed to the beach. They quote God having to kill some innocent animals to dress Adam and Eve after they ate of the forbidden fruit of knowledge. God didn’t like the “fig tree” aprons that Adam and Ever made for themselves. Still there is plenty of room in the Bible for God’s approved nudity or any kind of clothing!

Ezekiel 16:37 (NIV) therefore I* (*God, not Satan, but God!) am going to gather all your lovers, with whom you found pleasure, those you loved as well as those you hated* (*this Peeping-Tom God KNOWS ALL Jimmy Swaggart’s, Ted Habbard, and all the clever preachers that were not caught yet! God is more interested in personal sexual activities of his people than national security, global catastrophes, or famine issues!). I* (*God, not Satan, but God!) WILL GATHER THEM AGAINST YOU FROM ALL AROUND AND WILL STRIP YOU IN FRONT OF THEM, AND THEY WILL SEE ALL YOUR NAKEDNESS* (*Was God wrong killing animals to dress up Adam and Eve?).

I would definitely love to attend in a first row seat! The Bible writers know that strip teasing is the way to go! SOME GOD PICKED NAUGHTY GIRL IS FORCED TO PARADE NAKED BEFORE ALL HER WANKING LOVERS AND ADMIRERS! The preachers still entertain themselves in the closet when God is really all out for full entertainment with no age restrictions! God wouldn’t force anybody to watch a naked lady if that is something “sinful” that he hates!

KING DAVID DANCED BEFORE THE LORD WITH HIS GENITALS EXPOSED.

2 Samuel 6:14, 20-23 * David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the LORD with all his might... [20] When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "how the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, DISROBING IN THE SIGHT OF THE SLAVE GIRLS of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"* (*Michal knew that “dancing before the LORD” was a joke!) David said to Michal, "IT WAS BEFORE THE LORD* (*The Priestly Bible writers are hinting that their God loves to watch men dancing naked!)… I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these SLAVE GIRLS you spoke of, I will be held in honor."* (*was King David trying to impress God or was he trying to catch the eyes of the SLAVE GIRLS?) And Michal daughter of Saul* (*this is the same King Saul who prophesied NAKED among the prophets “before the LORD”) had no children to the day of her death* (*Shame on her for being so prudish! King David used to have 3somes in bed with Michal and her mother! God legally married King David not only to Michal, but to her mother, also! (2 Sam 12:8).

The lesson in the Bible is that no wife can complain about a husband dancing naked exposing his genitals before The LORD and some slave girls if present, or he is bound to stop having sex with her until she dies! She can still develop her lesbian potential to the fullest, or make use of the many Bible approved “household Gods” (dildos) to relief herself. There is no damning of any lesbian anywhere in the Old Testament, or any woman masturbating herself!

How about going naked for three (3) years as a sign and a wonder “upon” the people of some big countries? Isaiah is about the only one going about naked in the Bible for so many YEARS! Not days or hours, but YEARS! Isaiah ought to be in the Guinness Book of Records! He didn’t have to say anything! He just went about his daily chores totally NAKED. He let his athletic body speak for God! He is the envy of a lot of Preachers today that are born in the wrong era!

Isaiah 20:2-3 (KJV) At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking NAKED and barefoot. AND THE LORD SAID, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked NAKED AND BAREFOOT THREE YEARS for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia* (*Isaiah is proud to announce to everybody that the Bible God had him parading NAKED for years at a time for everybody to watch him, including children!);

Christians got themselves a God that excels in smutty filth! Only prudish Christians oppose nudity and wish to ban the Bible from non-authorized reading! The Bible writers came up with this same NAKED Prophet Isaiah announcing the alleged “virgin birth” of God the Son Jesus Christ! (Isa 7:14-16).

The young prophet Micah used to go about naked, too showing the effects of a heavy dose of hallucinogenics, or what else!

Micah 1:8 Because of this I will weep and wail; I will go about barefoot and NAKED. I will howl like a jackal and moan like an owl. (You can tell that this prophet is full of the Holy Spook!)

BTW, there is no historical record at all that the Roman soldiers ever dressed any of their victim’s genital area in a white diaper before nailing them to any cross no matter how holy! In the story of Jesus hanging nailed to the Holy Cross his circumcised little circumcised penis was totally exposed! In reality, the Bible stories are full of religious erotica. Fortunately for the Clergy, hardly any Christian reads the whole Bible paying attention to anything real smutty in it that no “spiritually speaking” can correct!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information