Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Two flashes is usually a red light camera. The first flash proves that you were outside the intersection when the light first turned red and the second flash proves that you had entered the intersection on red.

How to contest it? Write up a document with the date and time on it and that you checked your speedometer when the camera flashed. Sign it and date it and bring it to court with you. I've never been to traffic court, but "contemporary documents" shift the burden of proof back towards the cops. They then have to convince the judge that their equipment was working right. You might even print and bring this question as proof that your concerns were "contemporaneous".

A couple of years back, I got flashed by a speed camera just as I passed a "construction speed zone" sign as I was coming down an on-ramp. There was no way for me to know that the speed on the freeway segment wasn't normal till I got close to that sign. I never received a ticket for that one. I guess the human who verified the ticket realized that I was coming from the on-ramp and that tickets were only supposed to be given to people on the main road.

Points depend on where you are. I've received photo radar tickets in BC and Alberta and neither one puts the ticket on your driving record or your insurance record. In both of those jurisdictions, "allowing your vehicle to be driven at speeds exceeding the posted limit" is a cash-only offense.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, are you really sure that you were the one targeted? Another driver may have been the one speeding and the camera nailed them instead of you.

Also, just because your speedometer says that you are doing the speed limit, doesn't mean that it is actually saying how fast you are really going. If you have changed to a different sized tire, your speedometer may be giving an incorrect speed.

Have a garage check it out to see.

A third possibility is that the camera might be a dummy. I've seen places that have fake cameras with flashes to make people nervous and thus keeping their speed down in fear of getting the ticket. This is like the way they would put a police cruiser with an active radar on the side of the road to get people with radar detectors to slow down.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Speed Camera flashed whilst I was within the speed limit twice?

I was driving this morning on a 40mph zone, I was approaching a speed camera (Gatso) and the camera flashed twice even though I was within my speed limit? will I get a ticket? or will 3 points as well as a ticket? I will fight it should I receive something within the next 14 days, but how can I dispute this if I do receive something?
    The road was clear nothing infront or behind me, the camera just flashed at me. Not had tyres changed at all. Were no lights which I passed, dual carriage way way with a camera to the left which I passed so did not go through a red light. I always drive at 40mph within the limit. Thank you for your answers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, are you really sure that you were the one targeted? Another driver may have been the one speeding and the camera nailed them instead of you.

Also, just because your speedometer says that you are doing the speed limit, doesn't mean that it is actually saying how fast you are really going. If you have changed to a different sized tire, your speedometer may be giving an incorrect speed.

A third possibility is that the camera might be a dummy. I've seen places that have fake cameras with flashes to make people nervous and thus keeping their speed down in fear of getting the ticket. This is like the way they would put a police cruiser with an active radar on the side of the road to get people with radar detectors to slow down.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two flashes is usually a red light camera. The first flash proves that you were outside the intersection when the light first turned red and the second flash proves that you had entered the intersection on red.

How to contest it? Write up a document with the date and time on it and that you checked your speedometer when the camera flashed. Sign it and date it and bring it to court with you. I've never been to traffic court, but "contemporary documents" shift the burden of proof back towards the cops. They then have to convince the judge that their equipment was working right. You might even print and bring this question as proof that your concerns were "contemporaneous".

A couple of years back, I got flashed by a speed camera just as I passed a "construction speed zone" sign as I was coming down an on-ramp. There was no way for me to know that the speed on the freeway segment wasn't normal till I got close to that sign. I never received a ticket for that one. I guess the human who verified the ticket realized that I was coming from the on-ramp and that tickets were only supposed to be given to people on the main road.

Points depend on where you are. I've received photo radar tickets in BC and Alberta and neither one puts the ticket on your driving record or your insurance record. In both of those jurisdictions, "allowing your vehicle to be driven at speeds exceeding the posted limit" is a cash-only offense.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information