Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where can i get information on my new laptop?

I bought a second hand laptop yesterday from a very well known and reputable second hand shop called CeX. It is an Advent 4211-C 10" Netbook Laptop, with an Intel Atom porcessor, it runs Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, has 1GB RAM, integrated graphics card, 1.2 Kg weight, 120GB hard drive, webcam, bluetooth and wifi. I was told the laptop has been released for about a year, it had the original box, with all those plastic bags the laptop and cables are normally in when you buy it new, and the Windows XP guide and the copy of Microsoft Works were still in the shrinkwrap plastic, and the laptop still had the sticky plastic sheet on the lid and the sticky plastic sheet and foam sheet on the screen. I paid £175 for it. Did i get a good deal? Aswell as the Windows XP guide, it came with three other guides, a setup guide, a Microsoft Works customer notification and a guide about re-installing device drivers, backup and running system recovery, but no actual manufacturers manual, is there any way to get a paper manual? considering it is a netbook and therefore does not have an optical(CD) drive, how am i supposed to reinstall windows if the need ever arose? Does this particular netbook get installed with a version of XP that the manufacturer has tweaked slighty before putting it on sale? because i want to keep that, but still re-install it, if you understand what im saying.
    sorry its long, but i intend on keeping this netbook for a long time now so i need as much information as i can get.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The easiest and the best way would be to download CPU-Z. It will tell you all about the components in your laptop. It better to use this instead of looking it up on the internet because the part may have been changed.

Link : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

(Download links on the right of the page)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information