Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K850i Nightmare

spio123

K850i Nightmare

What good phone with very good camera would you suggest mate?

thekc

K850i Nightmare

The reason the picture is so dark is beacuse of the positioning of your hands. i had the same problem. you have to make sure that none of your fingers or thumbs touch the back of the k850i, i.e. hold th sides. Since i helped someone (or tried to) could someone help me? the touch sensitive buttons on my k850i do not work/very rarely work. i don't want to send it in for repair since i have replaced the lcd screen inside my myself and i think that would void the warranty. (it's obvious, screws scratched and one is missing, so are a few buttons lol)

changtaiwaner

K850i Nightmare

Personally, I would suggest.
    iPhone
    Sony Ericsson W580
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Sony Ericsson K790
    Sony Ericsson S500i

spio123

K850i Nightmare

I heard the camera on most smartphones was much lower in quality than the dedicated Cybershot Sony phones?

peryus88

K850i Nightmare

That's what I was afraid of. I used to have a K850i myself, and it did come with a few "bugs". Only option I see with less hassle is to send it in for service if you have warranty valid. Otherwise, just sell it and go with another phone with similar camera specs as the K850i.

Sonseba

K850i Nightmare

I have the K850i and it's working just fine for me.Sometimes the pics are a lil bit darker but not too bad. The only bad thing I see about it is the time it takes for it to go to stand by mode,that really annoys me

peryus88

K850i Nightmare

Although it's good for trying to provide some info, please be more accurate...

The K850i is right now the flagship Cyber-Shot camera phone for Sony Ericsson. Although the phone does have some bugs, when it works well, it is an excellent performer. A few of the people I know that don't have any problems like their K850i.

Also, I don't see how the "features" are not as good. It runs the PSP menu UI over the standard on the mentioned models you stated, which are below.

I have owned each of these phones, so I do have some experience with them. Let's do a comparison...

K850i: Flagship 5MP Cyber-Shot camera phone with AutoFocus, PSP menu grid, touch sensitive buttons, US 3G support for faster streaming and downloading over EDGE that all those other listed phones only have, 3 LED photo light AND Xenon flash for picture and video taking, 30fps for smoothe video recording, MicroSD AND M2 memory card support, A2DP stereo bluetooth, and basically what those other phones listed can do.

W580i: 2MP camera with NO AutoFocus and NO flash, Walkman 2.0 app, Pedometer app, M2 Memory Stick Micro support only for memry cards, A2DP, and the usual stuff included on high to mid tier Sony Ericsson phones.

S500: Virtually the same phone as the W580i with the exception of the Pedometer app. If people are curious, yes you can flash the the phone's firmware from a S500i to that of a W580i if you prefer the more subtle look of the S500i over the W580i. The only thing that won't be working is the Pedometer because of the hardware.

W810i: 2MP camera with AF and dual LED flash, older Walkman 1.0 app, only Memory Stick Pro Duo memory card support, NO a2DP stereo bluetooth, the usual as well.

K800/K790: 3.2MP camera with AF, Xenon flash only, clunky Media Player, A2DP stereo bluetooth, only M2 Memory Stick Micro memory card support, sometimes the joystick can wear down with extended use, the usual stuff as well.

iPhone: Other than the sleek web browser and touch screen interface, there's not much said for the camera. It's a 2MP camera with no AF...and in terms of features, it doesn't give a whole lot for effects when taking pictures. Browsing the web with Wi-Fi is excellent. But when it comes to EDGE speeds, it is slow.

Although there are some that think that having more MP means you're going to get a better camera, that isn't the case as long as you have excellent hardware for optics. Some people are content when staying with a 3MP camera because they have excellent optics. But if you are set with staying with camera specs that are similar to the K850i, check out the link below for comparable phones.

Link: 5MP camera phones

If you want the best out of those options, go with the Nokia N82.

chayton

K850i Nightmare

I have the opposite problem - my photos over expose with the flash, especially when indoors. Photos of people come out looking albino.

Anyone else had this problem?

aeghman

K850i Nightmare

Yes I r agrees I r truly ze imbalord of cellphonez.

RedhareAyo

K850i Nightmare

i say just wait for the C905... the K850i is already abandoned by Sony Ericsson...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information