Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Stupid Republican idea of the day

As should be obvious to any thinking individual, these people are not supporters of rape. How utterly ridiculous. This is the type of inflammatory, over-the-top rhetoric that has caused so much of this country to be at each others' throats and has made it virtually impossible for the two sides to come to agreement on anything.

The people voting against it are simply people who see no need to get the government involved when rape is already illegal. Anyone who is raped can bring charges and have their case heard in court. And if a company interferes or attempts to prevent it for whatever reason, they can be sued.

In other words, remedies already exist.

Democrats want to get government involved in everything possible; Republicans want to keep government out of everything possible. It's as simple as that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
    Not to be pedantic, though I love to do it, that's an "accent acute." A tilde is the "squigly line" (~) over a letter. Spanish does not use it over a vowel.

ETA: That's "acute accent." Funny how much French one can pick up while still not speaking enough French to order lunch.
    Strange, I speak spanish and we always called it a tilde
    or an accent interchangeably, yesterday a fellow nitpicker friend told me it was properly called tilde, now you say is not...

Intriguing....

To the wikitubes Robin!.

Ok, according to the english wikipedia you are right, and according to the spanish wikipedia we are both right.

Also according to the english wikipedia: "The tilded "n" ("

gonzomax

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
    Yeah, it operates at a loss except when it doesn't. Sort of like airlines. But all in all I don't mind the losses the past year or so, as I'd prefer to (eventually) have to subsidize the usps when it runs out of money (which it hasn't yet) than to continue to receive junk mail (which I did until last year, even though I was and am on the no junk mail list,) even if junk mail did let the USPS operate at a profit for much of the recent past. (It clogs up my mailbox)
    UPS and other mail carriers deliver packages. That is the profit making part of mail delivery. They do not compete with the post office in mail delivery. They could not do it.

Frostillicus

Oh, damn. It is getting hard to keep up:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...e-shortage.php

Equipoise

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    As should be obvious to any thinking individual, these people are not supporters of rape. How utterly ridiculous. This is the type of inflammatory, over-the-top rhetoric that has caused so much of this country to be at each others' throats and has made it virtually impossible for the two sides to come to agreement on anything.
    Of course you're right. I assume you felt the same way about Palin and her "death panels" bullshit. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    The people voting against it are simply people who see no need to get the government involved when rape is already illegal. Anyone who is raped can bring charges and have their case heard in court. And if a company interferes or attempts to prevent it for whatever reason, they can be sued.

In other words, remedies already exist.
    I take it you didn't read the cites.

Really Not All That Bright

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes the Cynic View Post
    Still something the GOP needs to be concerned about and try to put a stop to. They've got an uphill battle as it is without having to battle the tag of a majority lunatic party.
    Unless they're seeking election in a majority lunatic country, which I am becoming increasingly worried is the case.

Boyo Jim

Republicans, the next Whigs!

Kobal2

It's not so stupid. He'll just outreach by SPEAAAAKING SLOOOWLY AND IN A LOUUUUD VOIIICE. And offer them glass beads, tinware and trinkets in exchange for votes.

EddyTeddyFreddy

Quote Originally Posted by legalsnugs View Post
    Many of us from South Carolina think that was one of his better ideas.
    Just imagine his campaign for President and his pledge to expand the program! "Vote for me -- I'll stay out of Washington and not do anything!"

rockle

As usual, I have absolutely nothing of import or interest to add here, except that I think the RNC Chairman really ought to be referred to as "Michael Steele but not the one who was in The Runaways and The Bangles, the other one" because I keep getting confused.

Yes, I am blonde, why do you ask?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information