Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Panache70

Clicked on free Bell PVR offer ad

Bumping this again, as I still do not understand how this applies to existing customers.

Can I really get an HD PVR (even if it's a refurb) for free?

This may require a contract but it sure beats paying 10$ per month.

My understanding from the OP was that he just filled out the questionnaire and received a free 5900. No installation, no paperwork... Seems to me like there is no committment.

Can someone clear this up?

Pinza

I hear that a lot done by these guys is "Not above board" and a hell of a lot of installations are way below standards set by Bell. Robert recently had to sell his aircraft, which I am told had a Bell logo on the side.....lol

Great vehicle for installations eh.?

Wonder where he strapped the ladder.?

n4d3k1ng

I think what happened in this case was Bell wanting to get rid of it's SD PVR's.
    Rogers did this about 6 months ago was contacing customers and offering them a free standard PVR just to get rid of the stocks so maybe in this case Bell sold them to a third party which did the job for them..lol

Pinza

I doubt that the Company will be shipping out any more, the rumour I heard is that they are being investigated by Bell for "Irregular Business Practices".

Pinza

The only people that can even come close to explaining this would be the folks at Lefebvre Electronics who are behind the Ad's.

Not sure any of the Banner Ads have ever said it was an HD PVR and for the record a Rental 9200/9241 or 9242 is $20 per month, it is the 5900 SD PVR that is $10 per month.

joshwild

Retailer's seem to get special deal's. A person from Vupoint came to my door and offered me 2 6100s for $50 on a new install or 2 3100s for free on a new install or a 9200 for $99 on a new install, nothing for existing customer tho. This was 3 weeks ago. The 5900 deal sounds along the same lines, but telling someone to cancel their service is a no no at Bell and can cost the retailer their contract.

Panache70

Seems that the ad actually asks you to select if you have an HD television or not, so I imagine that the PVR could be a 9241 or 9242...

Would be sweet, even if refurb.

Hopefully someone will provide some info here... seems too good to be true for existing customers.

Pinza

Hmmm, interesting, VuPoint have 9200's...... Well I know who I am calling tomorrow.....lol

Pinza

The only other image on these banner ads was a 6100 HD Receiver. I would highly doubt that TIG would be sending out 9241/9242 Receivers.

Bell had hundreds of 5900 and 6100 models returned about a year ago, from all its' Retail and National Installation operations, some suspected it was in readiness for the switch to MPEG4. I do know that skids of 5900's were shipped out to several warehouses that I come into contact with and that they were used as an alternate for 4100's when they ran out of inventory, so it is possible that TIG have still got lots of these and are finding a way to move this inventory. This is one possible explanation.

What TIG gain by just shipping them out for Free is beyond me, there just has to be some kind of contract or something surely, otherwise it is just bizarre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information