Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Pinza

New card required for activation

Who comes up with the Names for the Cards, is it Bell or Nagravision.?

Alladin was the last batch, this current batch are the DaVinci Cards.....

Ex Agent EV

If he transfers 250 units, I guess Bell will question...

Pinza

I was only joking.....

MalcolmD

I have a different SmartCard / activation question. Will Bell allow a card from a deactivated receiver to be used in a different model? My daughter took over my 5900 and wants to activate it on her account, but cannot find the card. I have a card from last year's exchange that is for a 2700 that was supposed to have been deactivated a long time ago - don't ask me why I got the card. So can I give her that card for the 5900?

dosborne

No, once a card is activated it is locked to the original receiver number essentially (as far as Bell is concerned) to that receiver, both in the inventory system and on the card itself.

If you have access to the card number though, you should be able to transfer it, then a new card will be sent to replace the (nonexisting) old card. You may be able to pull this off your profile on the Bell site.

If you get a good CSR and explain that the card is missing, and that a new card must be sent anyway, they may allow you to transfer the unit. Worst case, call up and say you have a couple of cards and see if they will tell you which one should be in that reciever LOL.

MalcolmD

Thanks - I do have the number so we'll give this a try.

It's really hit and miss! I generally communicate via the Chat option, and have never had a problem using that approach.

Pinza

Actually any card can be "married" to any receiver but you have to get the right department and it helps if you are a Bell tech or a Contractor to achieve this.

dosborne

I'm not sure from the OP if teh card was activated or not though. I still think the simplest approach is to provide the proper card # even without the actual card.

If:
    a) The "new" card for the 2700 was never activated, it *may* be possible to convince someone that you can use it for the 5900. However, again, it will not match what they have in inventory and will no doubt be a lot of hassle. You may or may not be successful. I'd give you 10% odds.

b) If the "new" card was actually activated in the 2700, I'd say you have a 0.01% chance of getting someone to switch it to the 5900.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information