Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    draft911

Zero signal strength transponder 5 on 91

I'm in Edmonton and have zero signal on transponder 5 .. everything else is fine.. have done a check switch (switch 44) etc.. pulled card and reseated... have checked other units and they have same issue. anyone else have the same problem?

SJ44

Normal here.

merve04

In Edmonton here.. just checked TP 5 on 91w and its comming in at 77% rainy day though.. but nothing to kill the signal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been having this problem off and on for over a month on 2 receivers. This morning, they both have 0% on transponders 1 4 9 16 19 and 31. This has happened on many occasions, and often they are different transponders but always the sames ones on each receiver.

THen the next days the signals are at 98-100%. That can't possibly be an obstruction. Anyone have an answer?

I check the cabling, everything is good and tight. I checked the dish, good and tight.

My receivers are both 3100's.

dosborne

I'd start replacing the connectors, in particular the ones outside with outdoor-rated good quality connectors.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My installation was done by Bell. Do they not use good quality connectors?

Furthermore, when a transponder signal drops, it's not a partial drop (e..g weak signal), it's a complete loss (0%) of signal for a given transponder. At the same time as having lost the signal for some, most of my transponders stay near 100%

Can Bell be doing something to impact me? I know this problem has only occurred since I installed the new smart cards sometime this summer.

Could it be an LNB failure? Do they fail intermittantly or is it all at once?

mackdaddy0586

I helped a friend in the past who had difficulty receiving signal on a few transponders on EV91. The 4100 receiver would work fine but the 5900 would lose transponders. Also, when the 5900 was locked on a working transponder when changing channels the channel number would change but not the transponder. For example, TSN 400 is on T24 but SN1 is not T8 i believe. While on T24 on TSN 400, switching the channel to 405 would still leave the transponder at 24. We ended up narrowing it down to a faulty LNBF. Because I had a spare identical LNBF at home we tried it and it worked no problem. It turns out that some receivers require a stronger signal; not satellite signal but rather a stronger RF signal through the coax line. Try replacing your LNBF attached to the 91 slot with a new one or used.

Ozol

If you are having trouble with a single transponder it can be:
    LNB
    SW44
    Power Inserter
    Power Block

I would bet on the SW44 though.

draft911

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have re pointed my dish and now goet 60 % signal on a cloudy day on Transponder 5... all others have come up by 10 percent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information