Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kloraff

BELL's Sports Pricing

Rogers in Ontario and NB have got 8 HD channels set aside for premium sports. (named HDSP1-8, the regular SD ones are named SPO1-59) Since the events usually aren't all on at the same time they are shared by NHLCI, NFLST, NBALP, MLBEI, Nascar HotPass and something else. (NCAA i think)

I'm not sure that i've ever seen more than 5 of the HD channels being used at a time but thats just because there may not have been more than 5 events at once while I was paying attention.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BELL's Sports Pricing

I would suspect that those 8 share bandwidth. You will never see all 8 up at the same time. In the same way, Bell has ~16 HD channels (6 MLBEI, 2 NCAA, 4 NHLCI (last year, maybe 6 this year), at least 4 NFL ST, NASCAR Hot Pass - no idea), set aside for premium sports, but you will never see them all up at once.

Ya I like TV

BELL's Sports Pricing

So there are people who buy more than one! Hey Shednblues it's guys like you that tell Bell it is ok to keep doing this More HD channels, IF that is true, doesn't justify this price difference. I would think Bell would have a huge increase in subscribers if they offered the all in one package, I know 10 guys alone who say that is the only reason they aren't with them.

Shednblues

BELL's Sports Pricing

Quote: Hey Shednblues it's guys like you that tell Bell it is ok to keep doing this

I know I am but I just love sports too much and its great picking the games I want to watch.
    You're right on all points and I have been p****d with this ripoff before you started this thread. I am going to cancel nfl and tell BEV why although will it help? Now I wil be paying them $400 per year for nhl and mlb with no sunday ticket. But what's my alternative...I'm never going back to Shaw. I may cancel mlb next year as its value during the summer is low when there are so many other things to do. I will not be cancelling Center Ice.

mt99808

BELL's Sports Pricing

I'd switch tomorrow if EV offered something even reasonably close. I'm in a non-upgraded Cogeco area and we have 0 dedicated HD super sports pack channels. But you simply can't beat the $30 a month even if its all in SD.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BELL's Sports Pricing

Just a thought....find a Bell contact email....tell them that you think its retarded they charge so much and should think of bundling...You never know the more people who do this the more chance it will happen. Especially now that Bell has new ownership...

mt99808

BELL's Sports Pricing

I sent them 2 or 3 emails about 6 months ago and I could tell by the verbage that the responses were coming from India and they had no idea what i was talking about. I wish i still had the emails ... it was more than comical.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information