Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    lem1

Purchase rental receiver

Hello,

This is my first post. I've been searching through the forums and couldn't find a specific answer to my question.

Background:
    BEV was installed in our condo building last week. Installation and monthly fees will be included in our condo fees for up to two SD receivers. They also offered high def, with the unit owner having to rent the receivers. I had two 6100's installed and all is working well. I will be billed $10 a month for each receiver, for a total of $20 monthly. One 3100 was also installed and there will be no monthly charge for this one.

My question is can I purchase the two 6100 receivers outright instead of renting? I don't think they are new as "reman" is written on the box. If so, what should the price be? I'm see different amounts on the BEV website: $150, $175, $299. I won't pay $299 as I can go to Futureshop and buy a brand new one. Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dosborne

Purchase rental receiver

Typically, it is not Bev policy to allow you to buy units that have been designated as rental (remanufactured). Your options usually are to buy new from Bev, FS, BB, etc or used, where ever you can find a good deal.

Often, companies use a 3rd party as a source for rental units, not usre if it applies here or not, I've heard rumours both ways, and this is why rental units cannot be purchased.

Ex Agent EV

Purchase rental receiver

RENTAL UNITS CAN NOT BE BOUGHT...

If a client rents a receiver and further on decides that he would like, instead to own it he would have to return the rental unit, then buy a new one.

Your contract is also a rental contract...you can not return a rental unit (unless it is to upgrade it to a higher model) before the end of that contract, or else there would be a penalty.

The amount that you paid when you were renting will not be deducted on the amount of the unit you will purchase

couch3

Purchase rental receiver

my question is sorta related,hoping someone can give a quick response --just didnt want to start a new thread

I have 2 months left in my rental agreement (renting 3 X 4100's)

I want to upgrade to some HD receivers but might wait until the fall to do so . we're doing some hom reno's which may effect the whereabouts of each receivers destination therefore want to wait until thats done

obviously my rental agreement period will be fulfilled (2yrs come july)but was wondering if bell needs notifying of any sort that I simply wish to continue renting these (3 X 4100's)for at least an extra 3-4 months past the agreement

haystack

Purchase rental receiver

Contract early termination fee ends and you rent monthly with same other terms, till you notify them.

haystack

Purchase rental receiver

But you can ask for a credit for the amount you rented, to purchase a unit.

couch3

Purchase rental receiver

thats what I figured

thanks for confirming haystack

Ex Agent EV

Purchase rental receiver

You can certainly ask, but agent is not supposed to give you any form of credits or rebate in that case. You were paying to rent a unit and EV provided you with the rented unit.

If you then say you want to disconnect THEN a RETENTION AGENT, NOT a CSR will most probably give you a discount or free rental

I_Want_My_HDTV

Purchase rental receiver

Make sure there is no contract on the 6100 rentals before trying to return them. The cancellation fees can cost as much as renting until end of contract.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information