Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gi32tgilkg

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

Hello Tech Guru's,

I just bought an HDTV (Samsung LNT4669F), and want to upgrade to the HDTV package. Though 10 bucks a month seems a little steep for me, is there anything I can say to get it free for a while just to try it out? any promotions, tricks, etc? Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

I thought pretty much every retailer no offers a free HD promo deal with an HDTV purchase? I would speak to your retailer. If that is not available then I think you are out of luck.

Sorry but I have to ask, why buy and expensive 46" television and then balk at $10 a month?

gi32tgilkg

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

lol, the tv was mainly for movies. It was worth it for the blu-ray discs, it looks like you're looking through a frikin' window. The retailer (Leon's) offered is 1 year free HD from Rogers, though we're on a 2 year contract with bell! So there's no other way to get a free trial? To those who have it, is the monthly cost justified? Thanks!

Q

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

Paying $10/month is fine by me.

tvme

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

I just have a 30" Sony Wega with the HD channels. I WILL NEVER GO BACK to just SD. I check the HD channels for something to watch first then I check the other channels.
    You can always try the HD pack for 1 or 2 months then cancel if you aren't satisfied.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

at .33 cents a day... hell ya its worth it. don't forget you'll have to upgrade your equipment if you haven't already.

I_Want_My_HDTV

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

Right now you get 15 network stations with time shifting and 10 specialty channels in the HD pack. That's pretty good value compared to any 2 SD theme packs.

vmpv

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

You haven't given your location but check out the OTA (over the air) thread to see if you are in an area where you can stick up an antenna and get a selection of HD channels through your built in tuner.

ken0042

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

I bought an HD receiver a full year before getting my HDTV. The difference in picture quality of an HD signal on my SDTV was quite noticable. I couldn't imagine having spent ~$1500 on an HDTV and not having an HD signal to watch on it.

haystack

To HDTV or not to HDTV?

I think if you call bell there is a free upgrade to HD and they offer a deal on a rental and free HD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information