Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error 2 on 2700

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Error 2 on 2700

Hi guys, I need a little help trouble shooting a problem with my 2700 receiver.

Changing channels I get the "error 2" most of the time but when I check the signal strength for that transponder it shows locked at about 75 - 95%. When I back out to the channel it works, till change channels again.

I recently upgraded my old system (2700 & 4700) for the new 9242 system with a 6141 and still use the 4700. All of these receivers are working fine with good signal strength on all my cables but the 2700 will not working on any of them with out the error.

Any ideas would be great as I'd like to use the 2700 for my slingbox. Could it be a power issue with the SW44? Also would a sw44a be my best option for hooking it up?

silversage

Error 2 on 2700

In 2008 Bell will be looking at doing a card swap the first signs are here... on BEV ch.263 Bell have added the SWAP channel for instructions to for us subs on how to go about the swap. The new card they are going with is the S06.

Express Vu has also released 2 new HD receivers the 6141 and 9242 which are 8psk ready and MPEG4 ready. Express Vu has already tried sending out new firmware to some of our IRDs yesterday which in turn caused many subs IRDs to reboot constantly.

This is what I think is happening to a lot of the older equipment. In Bell`s pathetic approach to combat piracy they hurt legitimate subscribers. My 3100 was toasted on a recent ECM. I am still fighting with them on a replacement.

Not great situation , but I think I must stop here as the recent love in of Bell by this site could cause me trouble.
    Just my thoughts on the subject as I have experienced a similar situation to yours.

vmpv

Error 2 on 2700

Make sure your 2700 is running the latest firmware.

Ex Agent EV

Error 2 on 2700

Make sure that the cable comming from outside is in SAT IN, not TV/ANTENNA IN (might sound stupid, but I had at least one all a day of client who didn't connect right)

Go to MENU 6-1-1 and go on CHECKSWITCH. You will get a message ATTENTION 057, go to CHECK

It should fix the problem

dosborne

Error 2 on 2700

Given the posted description of the problem, the satellite dish feed cable can't be in the wrong spot.

It is however likely, as you say, that running the check switch option may resolve it.

I'd take it one step further. Disconnect the sat feed, run the check switch to "clear" the memory. Then reconnect the cable and run it again.

I always recomend that you unplug the power to the receiver and the switch when playing with the sat feed cable, but I may be overly cautious.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Error 2 on 2700

Thanks guys, check switch did the trick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information