Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Patricia W

Does GM really wonder why they are about to go broke?

They make the new Traverse and its starts out at $28,990. DUH!! It also get bad gas mileage. Does anyone else agree with me and hopes that someone from GM see's this. If I could spend this kind of money on a automobile I'd get a Honda of Toyota! They are reliable.

kelly_f_1999
    well the real answer is it all started when they started letting other auto makers sell their car here like.. 40 yrs ago or so i seen some of it way back then,, Vw bugs and th elikes of Nissan and Toyota and not only didn it put 1000s of people out of work but also run down out country with cheap goods... is why you cant find many things here now that not made somewhere else... buy American and put food on our tables and put our people to work buying from another country just runs ours into the ground more so maybe you need to rethink ford and chevy as been a round long time and is the better auto your right might be higher ... but some day you might just see your job going to another country... i have lost three so far to oversea companies to make it there and ship back here at a lower cost when the price should triple if not more... for them companies that do it.... save our country buy American go to another country and see how well you can buy American products if you can find any

tamalekingpin
    To be honest with you, I would pick up the new turbo Balt in a heartbeat. The Sky / Solitice are fun cars to drive as well. The rest of thier cars are ehhh, not too fun.

holyoke
    Seriously, why should we bail out GM when they've been doing shitty for years, and making cars no one wants?

The Eagle Keeper
    Gm knows what they have done wrong for years. They have been in denial for decades. As one report I read said, the Japanese have been perfecting car production while GM made trucks. They also continued to please the unions while paying their workers $30 more per hour than the Japanese were for the same work. This is because of the high number of retirees & benefits they kept demanding. There was no need for Chevy to introduce the Traverse since there are three versions of the same vehicle out there under the Buick, GMC, & Saturn names. They also introduced V8 versions of the Colorado & H3. What the hell for? They also made a V8 powered Buick Lacrosse. Again, what the hell for? They discontinued the Lacrosse CXS w/ the sweet 3.6L V6 which every auto critic said was the best of the best. What the hell for? But, GM is making a slow ass effort at new small cars. Look for the Chevy Cruze in 2011 that's powered by a 1.4L turbo engine that gets 40 mpg. That's a start, but they have a long way to go obviously.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information