Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Contract?

newsjunkie

New Contract?

I think its time up upgrade my receiver from the 3100 I bought November 2004 to the PVR model.

I am not under contract with BEV. Do I have to lock into a contract if I want to rent the PVR model?

Is there a market for old used receivers?....I had to buy the 3100 when I first signed up.

barter

New Contract?

Yes there is, try to digital home buy and sell forum.

Ex Agent EV

New Contract?

Not only will you have to sign a 1 year contract, but you would also need to have a professional installation. You will also need to pay a rental certificate (50$ if it's the 5900 you chose) on a credit card which will be refunded on your next Express Vu bill

Yes there is a market for used receivers...go on www.kijiji.ca lots of receivers are being advertised there

Make sure that the client called us to let us know he sold it to be able to activate it

When you get also verify if there is pendiong PPV purchase priorto activating it (MENU 6-5)

haystack

New Contract?

They will give you a 10% discount for their 10th anniversary.
    Now is not a good time to change unless you talking about providers.

i hate tv

New Contract?

DO NOT rent it
    You will be stuck paying to have it "professionally" installed
    Yea, I know, you've already paid to have the line run for your 3100, but that doesnt matter
    Buying it from bell will cost you clost to $400 (correct me if im wrong, $300 + taxes for the 5900 + $75 for installation + taxes)
    Shop around online (as mentioned earlier, kijiji, and a seller on craigslist is selling 3 9200's, for $250 each )
    Even if you dont have a HDTV, the dual tuner PVR is great
    Please make sure to get the serial #'s from any online sellers, so you can call and verify with bell that the receiver is legit (not stolen, hacked, balance on the account, etc...)
    Good luck

Ex Agent EV

New Contract?

Due to privacy issues Bell woudn't give him any info about the previous account... The amount owed by the previous owner is an amount owed on the account, not on the receiver. The new client could activate it even if the previous person who had it owes Bell some money. Make sure you see if there is unbilled PPV charges (MENU 6-5)

A rental will cost you 50$ rental certificate + 75$ installation + 10$/month. The 50$ will be credited on your next bill after you activated the receiver

A purchase will cost you 300$ + tax -10% off if you purchase in the next few weeks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information