Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    InternalStorm

Yamaha HTR-5850 - Remote Control Code?

Hey,

I have a Yamaha HTR-5850 Amp, and a BEV 9200 satellite box. I have the Bell remote controll setup for the DVD player and also the TV, but the reciever I have had a bit of trouble.

I of course did the AUX for the Amp, but for some reason the Yamaha remote control codes in the Bell manual aren't quite matching up right. Some of them control the volume and switching of the inputs, and some don't work at all understandably, one of them makes the device put a sleep timer on with the POWER button, and only one of the codes makes the device actually turn OFF with the POWER button, but the problem is, it won't turn the device back ON with the POWER button!

So I am a bit stuck here as I will have to use the Yamaha remote now for simple tasks like turning the Amp on and off because of this problem.

If anybody has a Yamaha Amp that is comparable or the same model, please let me know the code you are using with your Bell remote control so I can try it out! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

North_of_Calgary

I've always had the same problem. My Yamaha isn't quite the same model, but I think your problem applies to most of the current line of stand alone amps.

I'm currently using (if I'm reading the number of flashes correctly) 2733. Turns it off, adjusts the volume, but not on. So we have to turn it on either on the front pannel or using the actual Yamaha remote. That was the best I could work out with the 9200 remotes.

InternalStorm: obviously I don't have a solution for you but I am also interested in the solution. If you happen to work out a better solution elsewhere, would you mind PM'ing me for my benefit? Thanks.

InternalStorm

Definately I'll let you know if something comes up

It is quite annoying... ya the code that I use is "733" so I'm guessing we are using similar codes. I even tried to do the code range scan or w/e and again it just came up with the code that could do volume and turn the power off but not on.

Anyways, hopefully someone may have a solution to post.

WestCDA

I've got the RXV-1400 and a Bell 9200. I'm using a Harmony remote (680) and it controls the Yamaha and the EVU receiver exactly as I want, along with the DVD player, HTPC and display I use in that room.

Something to consider, as I've yet to find a 'Universal' code remote that will control all the features on all the equipment I want to use.

Zekes

The only way to get a remote to do everything is programs the chip yourself using JTAG or an expensive Harmony remote for those that are techies.

balmer

Hello, I am trying to help out my Mother with her TV, I had her remote programmed a while ago when she first got it and now I have forgotten how to get the TV Programmed on the remote. I have the code which is 0619 (Hitachi) but I can't seem to remember how to select the "TV" to program it, I have programmed everything else vcr, dvd, sat . . . but I can't remember what I have to push for TV before I enter the code for it (hope this isn't confusing) but the control has orange/yellow buttons for CD, MD/CD-R, TUNER, DVD, DTV/CAB, V-AUX, VCR , *, and ** which have to be pressed before the code is entered but nothing is on remote for TV, except for all of the functions the TV can do.

Thanks in advanced any help is appreciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information