Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to reach BEV customer service from USA

Of course the supreme court would have to take leave of it, and probably wouldn't. Plus the case would be expensive and impractical for any dealer.

It's rather moot anyhoo, given that now FTA is the current weapon of choice, and that FTA receivers are fully legal, and that it'd be politically untenable for a Canadian court or parliament to declare FTA receivers outright unlawful without incurring the wrath of Asia and precipitating trade reprisals that would punish Canada economically. There are large and powerful Asian corporations in this businesss with deep pockets and connections to governments of some Asian powerhouse economies.

Returning to the primary subject of this thread, it should be child's play to call BEV from the USA by using a VOIP service like Skype. I've frequently phoned directv that way from my computer in Canada for a long time, no problem.

Mozza

The 416 area code number should still work.

GusX

Poor guy ... he is asking a simple question and everyone is debating what he is doing is "right" or "wrong".

1) Have someone use conference call from Canada.

2) Use a Canadian cell phone.

3) Have someone else call for you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So what? They're nevertheless counted/reported as subs and the consolidated into DTV's financial statements.
    Much like GM Canada or Toyota Canada counts and consolidates the results of their Canadian subsidiaries.

SensualPoet

*ahem*

One of the primary functions of the CRTC and FCC is to ensure that signals from their respective countries do NOT impose on the airwaves of the other. For border towns, it means agreements to ensure that channel 2 in the US is not overwhelmed by channel 2 in Canada. The same applies to FM and AM. Signal strength of broadcasters is regulated on both sides to ensure the agreements are kept.

MrMars

Unfortunately that 416 # has not worked in a few months.

Nimiq 1

That's odd, that is the number on my Caller ID when they call my office.....lol

GusX

SensualPoet, I really hate that we are hijacking this guy's thread ... even though the CRTC makes these beautiful rules that you like to follow and enforce ever so blindly, they contradict the Canadian Charter of Human Rights:

Fundamental Freedoms (Section 2): This section includes the right to freedom of conscience and religion; freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communications; and freedom of peaceful assembly and association.

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/en/news/...doc_30898.html

The CRTC theoretically has no right telling me that I can't watch D*TV or anything else I want to watch. The same would apply with the FCC.

MrMars

Some recording comes on saying the number dialed is not in service and to call 888-SKY-DISH.

Nimiq USA

Amen! The CRTC nor FCC has no power to tell me what to watch. They're both infringing fundamental liberties. Just give BEV a call when you feel like it, try to "adapt" to the environment with telling them how the weather feels in *Toronto and put on a Canadian accent. Saying "Process" in Canada is different from the USA.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information