Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SensualPoet

Number of HD Channels?

Well, except, when the event sports channels go up, the PPV come down. And the French PPV are, I believe, the english feed with a French language soundtrack.

And if 4 movies max can be seen in PPV at any time, how do you count Rogers HD Movies On Demand where it's "one channel" but you can choose to start any of 10 or so movies? If it were delivered via PPV that would be 10 channels. Plus with On Demand you don't have to wait for a specific start time and you can pause, rewind, fast-froward.

So -- aggravating. I'm comfy with the notion that Bell and Rogers are more or less at par with more or 40 channels each; and Bell can be said to have a slight count advantage.

The controlling factor for now is the number channels per transponder and, today anyway, that's a max of 43 for Bell.

trilam

Number of HD Channels?

I would argue that what is important is WHAT HD channels are available, not necessarily how many.

Which HD channels do Rogers offer that ExpressVu doesn't, and vice versa? Not much difference, at least not for channels that matter.

Don't fall for the PR escalation of who has more (depending on how you count). Care about what channels you want and if you can get them.

Just my 2 cents.

SensualPoet

Number of HD Channels?

ABSOLUTELY! Which is why I easily concede Bell and Rogers, more or less, have a parity on HD services.

I just happen to like access to Showcase, National Geographic, a third TMN HD commercial free 24/7 movie channel, OMNI 1 and OMNI 2 (one person in our household speaks Mandarin and Spanish), and HD Movies On Demand where -- if I feel like springing for the dough -- I can buy a movie for 24 hrs in full HD and pause, rewind and replay to my hearts content. Until I spring $1k for an HD DVD and some media, $8 a pop isn't so pricey.

And Bell doesn't have any of those services yet. (Bell DOES has five French language and four niche HD eye-candy services which some folks like a lot; to each his own.)

Tom.F.1

Number of HD Channels?

I have 40 800 series channels on my guide. That includes the channels I don't subscribe to, ppv, ads channels, shameless bell self promotion etc. etc..
    Channels worth watching is another story. I have 21 (sometimes HD) channels in my favorites, that includes timeshifts. Once i a while i watch a hd ppv, so that would make 22.

QualityIsJobOne

Number of HD Channels?

Methinks that StarChoice scored big when they added Nat Geographic HD & Showcase HD & ExpressVu didn't.

StickyDragon

Number of HD Channels?

Any word on if Bell is getting National Geographic, Showcase, and MMore HD?

Boavista

Number of HD Channels?

I emailed them about adding those channels. as usual i get the same crap response. My friend did tell me that on his FTA system, new channels have been added in the 843-846 range titled " MVT1",2,3.

I wonder if their new HD channels like the new MmoreHD,showcase HD, and Ngeo HD.. or if its some more french HD i couldnt care less about lol?

I_Want_My_HDTV

Number of HD Channels?

I asked TMN if MMOR-HD was going to be added to EV. They said yes. No ETA was discussed. SHO-HD and NatG-HD are rumoured to arrive in Feb. That deadline is almost past.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information