I love my wife dearly. She and I are still newlyweds, really. We have been married for about 21 months now. We tied the knot in December 2008. Being married has presented many challenges, but for the most part, I have found married life to be rewarding and delightful. My wife has told me that she loves being married, and I believe she is honest.

I want to be objective as I possibly can be. I am 35 years of age. In many fashions, I am still stuck in an adolescent stage. I could really benefit from some maturity in several arenas of my life. I have a juvenile sense of humor, and it is often crass. I have very slight tendencies towards Asperger's syndrome, and I have a pretty intense case of obsessive/compulsive disorder. Perhaps I am just using these facts to justify my annoying habits.

Often, when my wife and I are conversing, she will say a word that may perhaps rhyme with a naughty word, and I sometimes parrot back the same word and another word that may be somewhat related. Okay, for instance, sometimes, if she says the word "money," I have to fight this compulsion to say "money honey." LOL. I know it sounds crazy! It's not really so much a compulsion as it is a choice. As another example, sometimes, if she says the word "kitchen," I may say "chicken." I know it must sound odd, but I am just trying to be as honest and transparent as I possibly can be. Yes, I admit that I am immature at times. So what might be the wellspring of this annoying habit of mine? Is it a need for attention? Is it related in some manner to my OCD? Is this rooted in a fear of growing up, growing older, or perhaps even dying? Is it that I want to stay stuck in childhood, perhaps sort of like Michael Jackson was?

My wife was crying today, and she was very upset. Whenever I say the rhyming words, she gets upset. Today was her boiling point. She broke down and started crying. I told her I would immediately stop this obnoxious habit of mine, and I intend to do so- but I have made these sort of promises before and failed to adhere to them.

Being that I have OCD, I tend to be over reactionary at moments. On rare occasions, my wife is over reactionary. Was her response today over reactionary? Am I the bad guy here? What can we do to help resolve this challenge?