Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    zatheus
    Fanservice and zombie apocalypse equals a winner for most. If there is a good story to boot then that's just an added perk. I want to know how they are going to end this because anyone that has watched any zombie flick knows how they all end. I have never really seen a happy ending to a zombie movie unless its a comedy. And yet I can never turn down any zombie show what so ever.

Kyogissun
    @wedgeofpie: Yeah, I noticed the [spoiler]musical homage to 28 Days/Weeks Later near the end during Hisashi's turning scene and that was definitely some pure ****ing awesomeness right there.[/spoiler]

Let's get one thing out of the way that NO ONE seems to have pointed out yet, the show has by far one of the best openings of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOdvdIQx6PY

I seriously look forward to the full version of this being released and it sucks SO hard there's no j-rock store for Rock Band, I'd KILL to play this in said game. The guitar riff during the title cards and during the second fourth of the first verse and during the chorus is just SO awesome. It's like they said, '**** guys, this show is really just mindless entertainment, how can we add to that?' and someone said, 'We need some kind of a kickass rock intro'. And there ya go.

The show seems to be using everything right, fanservice, zombies, gore, violence, guns, blood...

It has no desire to try and be anything other that what it appears at face value. Between this and Ladies versus Butlers! there have been some GOOD guilty pleasure shows this season. It's just nice to know that the other end of the spectrum opposite to fanservice, I.E. violence, is finally getting a proper representation this year.

Well anyways, I've got my subscription all up and running so I can view future episodes, assuming that the whole 'first episode is free, later are subscriber only' plan goes in effect.

Really looking forward to the next three months this will be airing for.

Miranox
    I'm a bit disappointed by the first episode. Many scenes drag on longer than they should which in turn makes them boring. The manga is exciting because it's fast paced. A scene that takes half a page in the manga should not take 2 or 3 minutes in the anime. Also, the violence and gore is less explicit but instead there's a lot more blood. Does this even make sense?

Kruszer
    First impression after watching this is that it's going to be exactly what I like in an anime, serious and dramatic with plenty of action and violence. I just hope they don't go overboard on the depression index.

I'm a bit disappointed by the first episode. Many scenes drag on longer than they should which in turn makes them boring. The manga is exciting because it's fast paced. A scene that takes half a page in the manga should not take 2 or 3 minutes in the anime. Also, the violence and gore is less explicit but instead there's a lot more blood. Does this even make sense?
    The pacing was blazing fast and yet perfect. Any faster and you lose out on characters and their stories and then I wouldn't care about them and want to see them survive.

Mister V
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranox
    Exactly my complaints. Both don't make sense.
    I'm pretty sure this one was slower-paced because they had to build up the atmosphere of suspense before the apocalypse started, but if it continues the same way, we won't even see the kid rescue.
    And they obviously upped the amount of red paint to compensate. Unfortunately.

zatheus
    Fanservice and zombie apocalypse equals a winner for most. If there is a good story to boot then that's just an added perk. I want to know how they are going to end this because anyone that has watched any zombie flick knows how they all end. I have never really seen a happy ending to a zombie movie unless its a comedy. And yet I can never turn down any zombie show what so ever.

Kyogissun
    @wedgeofpie: Yeah, I noticed the [spoiler]musical homage to 28 Days/Weeks Later near the end during Hisashi's turning scene and that was definitely some pure ****ing awesomeness right there.[/spoiler]

Let's get one thing out of the way that NO ONE seems to have pointed out yet, the show has by far one of the best openings of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOdvdIQx6PY

I seriously look forward to the full version of this being released and it sucks SO hard there's no j-rock store for Rock Band, I'd KILL to play this in said game. The guitar riff during the title cards and during the second fourth of the first verse and during the chorus is just SO awesome. It's like they said, '**** guys, this show is really just mindless entertainment, how can we add to that?' and someone said, 'We need some kind of a kickass rock intro'. And there ya go.

The show seems to be using everything right, fanservice, zombies, gore, violence, guns, blood...

It has no desire to try and be anything other that what it appears at face value. Between this and Ladies versus Butlers! there have been some GOOD guilty pleasure shows this season. It's just nice to know that the other end of the spectrum opposite to fanservice, I.E. violence, is finally getting a proper representation this year.

Well anyways, I've got my subscription all up and running so I can view future episodes, assuming that the whole 'first episode is free, later are subscriber only' plan goes in effect.

Really looking forward to the next three months this will be airing for.

silencer226
    From what I saw of the first episode, it's definitely one I'll keep checking out. I thought the [spoiler]28 Days Later theme[/spoiler] was a nice touch, and the scene with the [spoiler]two bff's was humorous, someone should have learned how to pick better friends.[/spoiler]

Mister V
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranox
    Exactly my complaints. Both don't make sense.
    I'm pretty sure this one was slower-paced because they had to build up the atmosphere of suspense before the apocalypse started, but if it continues the same way, we won't even see the kid rescue.
    And they obviously upped the amount of red paint to compensate. Unfortunately.

silencer226
    From what I saw of the first episode, it's definitely one I'll keep checking out. I thought the [spoiler]28 Days Later theme[/spoiler] was a nice touch, and the scene with the [spoiler]two bff's was humorous, someone should have learned how to pick better friends.[/spoiler]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information