Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with Voicemail...please!!!

This is really dumb. I am usually very good at electronics and stuff, but my voicemail is full. I have had my voicemail full before, and have successfully cleared it, so I don't know if there is a problem with the service or something, but everytime I try to access my voicemail I get a busy signal. I've tried searching my phone for ways to access my voicemail, I have tried to type in my passcode during the busy signal. I can't even access the menu with that stupid voice that tells me how many messages I have. I can't access my voicemail (I dial the number and get a busy signal), so I can't delete any messages, so my voicemail continues to be full, and no one can leave me messages anymore. If someone knows what is wrong or can help me, please do!!!! Having access to my voicemail is very important (school and job!).

Thanks,
    "Damage" :help:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What number are you dialing to access your VoiceMail.?
    *VM or your phone number?

When it rings and should go to voice mail, is that when the busy signal starts?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried dialing my phone number, dialing *86, and speed dialing 1, and accessing my voicemail from my phone menu. All of which have successfully gotten me to my voicemail before. I push send and instead of ringing and accessing my voicemail, it goes directly to a busy signal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know that this post is pretty old now! But I thought I'd post anyways... becuase this happens to me alot.... I had to call 611 from my phone... and they gave me these directions...

1st dial *73 you will hear some beeps and then it will end the call for you.

2nd dial *228 Chose option 1... it will reprogram your phone (don't worry it doesnt reset any of your settings like ringtones or pics or wallpapers)

You will be on the phone for about a min.... then it will end the call and power down your phone and then turn it back on for you..

3rd after your phone is back on, call *86 (voicemail) and it should work! If not... I would suggest calling 611.

Hope this helps!

bucktoui

If you are getting the busy signal when dialing your own ten digit number, then it almost certainly means you have accidentally activated the "No Answer/Busy Transfer" feature on your line. The previous post is exactly right about how to fix this. Here's how the voicemail works and how your problem developed:

Any line activated on Verizon Wireless that does have a voicemail feature on it has an automatic forwarding feature on it that sends the call to the voicemail box if either A) you don't answer your phone for 4-6 rings or B) the network cannot detect your phone or cannot get a call through to it for any reason. This is the way voicemail should work.

However, if the No Answer/Busy Transfer feature is activated on your line it determines when your line is busy and forwards the call to another number. If it was activated on your handset by accidentally dialing *71 5638 SND, then when the network determines that your phone is busy, it will forward your calls to 5638 which is not a legitimate number and will result in a fast busy or error tone.

So what happens when you dial your voicemail? Whether you are dialing *86, holding down the 1 button speed-dial or dialing your own number, they are all calling your 10 digit number. And when you initiate a call from your own phone to your own phone number, as the network tries to connect the call it determines that your phone (which has just started an outbound call) is busy, so the No Answer/Busy Transfer feature overrides the default forwarding to your voicemail box and sends your call to the random number that was activated with the accidental dialing of *71.

So dialing *73 should clear it up!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information