Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is whats going on

ok over a year ago i started having trouble swallowing food feels like it get stuck in my throat. i make myself gag and get it out then i can go back to eating this happens sometimes all day long then sometimes it dont happen at all.
    then this past november i got real dizzy at work and felt sick i even lost about 5 mins in there. when i came back i was real weak on my roight side and stated dropping stuff with my right hand and my leg and arm feels numb a alot of the time. my doctor did order a emg on my right hand and they say carpal tunnel i been wearing a brace for over 2 months now.no improvement a all
    my right leg feels funny from the knee up and at times teh whole leg goes numb and i have to use my left foot to drive. i could never use my right hand for anything well knwo i have leanred to use it more than my right. my doctor finally did spine exrays alittle bit ago but he did not see a thing on them . he wants me to go to a plactic surgeon to see about getting surgey on my hand for carpral tunnel i am scared to do this casue it does not feel like carpal tunnel too me something else its just not in my hand but my whole right side. he teels me my leg goes numb at times too well mine never did till taht one dy in novemeber.he is orderinga mri of my right leg and lumbar region. he wont listen to me when i tell him my kids say my right eye closes at times too and i dont even know it i could never wink with just one eye so why now would teh eye close when the left one stays open at times. i am scared he is not taking me seriously and something is going on with me or did happen to me. my body never ached before now it hurts all the time all of a sudden. what can i do teh doctors in my area are ahrd to get into and all seemthe same.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is whats going on

Sounds more like a mini stroke to me. Seems that they should have taken an MRI of the head since you lost time.

Sunny

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is whats going on

yes this is what even m,y therapist i see for PTSD says he thinks i might have had a small stroke and a few friends think the same i just cant get it through my primary doctors head that something is not the same . i mean it takes me longer to do stuff and even talk now than it did before this.he knows i suffered from depression for years due to being abused sexually as a child and says stuff is in my head so its hard to get thru to him. i asked my husband to call and talk to him he has the same doctor maybe that will work. he had to call back in october when i had bump on my upper lip and te doctor said it wa s acild sore i said no its something else and it turned out i had a staph infection and had to have it drained under gen anthestia by a surgeon. so maybe he should start listening to me.

this is whats going on

I think I would begin by getting a new doctor. Or maybe you should go to Emergency and have them do the MRI.

Sunny

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is whats going on

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I have Lyme Disease.

My Lyme doc said that symptoms that come and go, and are one-sided are often Lyme. The side with the symptoms is the side where you were bitten by the tick (that transmitted the Lyme bacteria).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information