Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Oscars tonight

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

I'm just very happy they didn't cave and make it an Avatar night.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

I would never expect somebody who is doing film studies to say Avatar would win best film. Not at all. On the basis of film The Hurt Locker destroys Avatar on many counts.

Oscars tonight

Biggest upset has to be El Secreto de Sus Ojos winning Best Foreign Language ... I (and I think most people) were certain it'd be either A Prophet or The White Ribbon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

Agreed, I thought A Prophet was a dead cert.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

Strip away the technology and the concept of the film is lost - There would no avatar, so that's not the best argument really. It's like saying 'remove Brad Pitt, Christopher Waltz, and the nazi theme from Inglorious BastarRAB and you have a pretty average film' - A film is what it is.

I've got 'The hurt locker' here but haven't watched it yet, but have seen Avatar, so can't enter the debate yet - I look forward to watching it tonight though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

'Up In The Air' was a big loser - 6 noms, no wins.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

I LOVE the fact that th Hurt Locker beat Avatar as Avatar has already got enough. Plus it had a bad script! But i do think that Inglorious BasterRAB should of one original screenplay. I think IB should of won something other than best supp actor

Oscars tonight

Tonight, I watched The Hurt Locker to see what the fuss was all about and I can say it's just another average war movie. It may be a good film reflecting true life situation in the middle east, but how did it win all them oscars when other films have been nominated that are probably much better by comparison? The only nominated film I've seen is Avatar. When I saw this in 3D I was gobsmacked! It's true that both films deserves one or two oscars each: Avatar - Cinematograpy. The Hurt Locker - Best Directing or Best picture but that's about it. I've seen many good war films based in the middle east, Black Hawk Down springs to mind, and The Hurt Locker isn't quite up there with them. This film, as somebody quoted, is overrated. OK! the film may be bit tense in places and there could be a couple of exploding scenes that'll make you go F**K! but the film is nothing special. It's all been done before.

Conspiracy Theory: Was it fixed so that Kathryn Bigelow can stick two fingers up to her ex? Just a thought

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oscars tonight

i havent seen either the hurt locker or avatar yet so cant comment i did think it was funny though that everyoine assumed avatar would wipe the board and it didnt

ive heard the story is a bit lame

inglorious basterRAB should have won more wot a film-the screenplay was fantastic should have won for that and direction as always brilliant from qt

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information