Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: will be two films

If it were for artistic reasons, why not do the same the same with (much larger and arguably more complex books) Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix? Simply, because the franchise was humming along just fine at that point. I suspect (and that's all this is) that this is a move made as the end is in sight for this most lucrative of franchises.You really think it's an issue of "morals"? Anyone who suggests this is anything more than a bit of an annoyance neeRAB to sort their priorities. I think this the 'least good' move of the two available options, but having thoroughly enjoyed the last three films, am I going to cut my nose of to spite my face? Of course not. Not least as I have a pretty nose.In mitigation, no all did with the previous ones. I thought the sweeping cuts for OOTP made it a much better film that it would have been in its unexpurgated form.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

She neeRAB to sort out her priorities...

- Sorry couldn't resist!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As a massive HP fan I'm certianly going to be seeing both films and buying them on DVD or blu-ray or whatever!

That said, I am disapointed that they have chosen to split the final book into two films. If JK Rowling had decided to split the last book I think there would have been a fair bit of anger too. In terms of the books we were promised 7 with the seventh book ending the series. I don't think this should be any different with the films.

I'm also annoyed at the way it has been done. Clearly they are bothered that following film 7 the cash cow is done and so have split the final film to ensure a good year for WB in 2011. They have then wheeled out everyone from the satrs of the film to WB janitors to say how it is for artistic reasons. I don't believe that for a second.

It also smacks of laziness, rather than bother whittling down the story to a good 2.5 hour film I worry that we'll end up with 2 bloated overlong films lasting 5 hours in total. I've been underwhelmed by the films so far, I don't see this changing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its hard to believe that, given the way the franchise has been directed so far, the extra time will be used to really get under the characters' skins in what is meant to be a very psychologically fraught book (I like JKR's writing but I think she's far better at writing adventure than she is about feelings). Instead I'm now expecting more long-winded scenes that follow the book more closely, which OOTP would have benfitted from but which I think will struggle to carry the attention over 2 films. Then again, Daniel Radcliffe had a point when he said its a hard book to redact, and he has come on a lot as an actor so maybe the stars will carry it off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are huge chunks of Deathly Hallows that could be cut out without any change to the story, much easier than some of OOTP or GOF.

Also, I think Mr Radcliffe has an interest in whether or not there is an extra film so I'm not sure we can expect an objective viewpoint from him.

Plus I don't think the acting has anything to do with it. None of the kiRAB can really act and the real acting talent has always been wasted when roles like Dumbledore, MacGonagle and Snape have been reduced to bit parts.

id rather all these book/movie films were done on 2 discs 2 movies they miss out far too much of the books, then again though i hardly think theres any need for a years gap between them, that is dragging it out, 6 mths at the very least.

Im still happier with the 2 films though rather than 1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they missed impotant bits out of gof when harry won the money he gave it to fred and george but he didnt in the movie i dont get why they miss it all out just do two movies i mean there going to make more money so why wouldnt thjey do it i like the idea i just wish they did the same with the rest

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im a massive fan of Harry Potter - books and films. I think its a good idea it has been split because, when i was reading the book, i noticed there was alot going on. It would be hard to do it justice with just a three hour film. Luckily now thats it splt, it should have all the sub-plots and everything intertwined.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I'm all for it. I don't understand the thinking that there's more that can be cut out of DH than GoF and OotP. As has been said, those two movies have lots of unimportant subplots, ones that don't contribute at all to the story, while DH is just one continuous adventure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information