Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of the Dead" remake is TERRIBLE

Yes Day of the dead

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As much as I love the Italian side of the zombie scene [Fulci especially] the Italian horror movie genre of the late 70's and early 80's is vastly inferior to the western worlRAB take on all things zombie. The only things the Italians can gives us a run for our money with is slasher movies. The zombie movies of Italy are cheap and nasty and VERY amaturish compared to the movies from the west.

Argento and Bava and also Umberto Lenzi [with his Nightmare City movie] are all run of the mill low budget movie makers. Argento especially he is a jack of all trades, but master of none. Where as Romero is THE master of the zombie genre. His movie making skills might be lacking in other genres but when it comes to zombies he is the man for the job. And his reputation in the zombie scene speaks for it's self. Even Romero's weakest movie still stanRAB head and shoulders above anything the Italian market can throw at us.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got around to seeing this last night at a frienRAB house and I asked him to switch off half-way through. I'm sorry but how anyone can rate this higher than the original is frankly either very young or clinically insane. It had NOTHING to do with the original (why not just give it a name of its own?), and it was one of those type of Hollywood movies I despise - the cast just HAD to be beautiful, young and seemingly on the verge of having sex at all times. Even Dr Logan ("Frankenstein" from the original) was a George Clooney lookalike! F**k me leave it out!!!!!!!!! And as far as having the bird from American Beauty as some kind of kick-ass Seargant in the Army, leave it out!!!!!!! She looks about 14!!!! And zombies walking across ceilings???? LEAVE IT OUT YOU HOLLYWOOD BASTARDISING BASTARRAB!!!!!!!!!!!
    Phew, I need to go before I burst into tears.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny thing is, this is not a Hollywood film (meaning no major studio was involved). It's made by some cheap independent film company who made it for a quick buck. I was told by a friend of mine that this same studio made 2 other Day of the Dead straight-to-DVD movies before they made this one! I don't know if he's joking or not.

If a major Hollywood studio had made this, chances are it would have been a lot better (the "Dawn of the Dead" remake was very good).

Or if another independent studio who RESPECTS George Romero's original film, had made this it might have also turned out better than this crapfest.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your post just made me laugh out loud!! I had the original film on video as a kid and it scared the bejeezes out of me - the atmosphere, the sense of doom, the gore etc etc. The script and the acting were crap but all in all it terrified me. As a fan of zombie films, I have to admit that there hasn't been one that has really unnerved me for a long time. Even the new Dawn of the dead, while a very good film in its own right it still didn't have that hopeless doom factor that the old zombie films managed to encompass (is that the right word??).

Even Shaun of the Dead, which was a comedy still got fairly close to the mark at the end which is more than can be said for other attempts. Can't wait for World War Z, PLEASE PLEASE get it right!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Keeping it in a Zombie mood, anyone seen Outpost yet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892899/, looks pretty good and has had a few good reviews, a Zombie film in the vein of recent low budget but excellent Brit Horrors like Deathwatch, Dog Soldiers, The Descent and 28 Days Later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information