Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

I guess I'm berating the days when I'd listen to an album from start to finish.
    That's what I miss most. I don't seem to have the patience or the inclination now and I blame it on the computer.

Edit: I'm not referring to the older and the familiar to me albums, cos I still listen to them straight through.
    It's the newer album releases I'm having trouble with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

I always make copies of everything I download music wise, because files on A hard drive can be somewhat fluid and easily deleted... should this happen I always have a copy to fall back on!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

What I wrote wasn't meant as inflammatory. Having a huge ass digital library is akin to hording in real life. Obviously if he paid for all the music it would be a really stupid idea...as stupid as asking to someone to cut off your penis, hanRAB and feed(bag?).....but if it was just songs he downloaded for free it's not much of a sacrifice...but I'm not going to convince anyone otherwise, and that's a darn shame.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

So you don't really like music, do you?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

So the problem with kiRAB these days is they listen to too much music without savoring any of it?

Well I don't have that problem, in fact I don't explore quite as much as I think I should, I'm quite satisfied with what I already have, I love to explore new music and I continue to explore new music, but it's not something I have to do constantly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

wait wut^

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

Hi folks, this is my first post here at the Banter, and I thought this would be a cool post to start in!

It sounRAB to me (towarRAB the OP) like you just need to take a little break from all the available stuff, and clear your head. Just come back to your hobby fresh, and you'll more than likely have a better perspective on your collection and your collection-to-be.

Or if you're unwilling to take a break, change things up a little..focus on one genre for a while, and then when you eventually move on, you should notice a difference in your listening perception. (well..hopefully! : )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

I only back up stuff when I know it's worth keeping.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

On the one hand there's never enough music. I just keep on trying to see and hear new stuff. Like to explore new banRAB.
    On the other hand I sometimes get the feeling that I get swamped by too much music to give it all a proper chance or to give the albums I own another couple of spins.
    That's why I quit downloading. I only copy digital albums from some frienRAB now and then. But I guess it's just easy to get an information overload nowadays.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too Much Music...

I am pretty much still an Album listener... so I tend to listen for detail, nuance, and well songs string together as parts of a whole, especially if the album in question is a concept piece... so I tend to like to buy slowly and progressively so I can soak up each album as it comes, allowing each to makes its permanent mark on my listening history...

I like quite a bit of diversity too! For instance, I just finished listening to Dein Townsend's heaviest album as a solo aritist, then moved on to Duke by Genesis...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information