Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I'm enjoying '09 more than '08.

Controlling CrowRAB is one of my favorite albums this decade, Radiohead/Thom Yorke have put some great stuff out (albeit on an annoying song to song basis), a great great great double album from Crippled Black Phoenix, and another awesome Circulatory System album. Not to mention the usual suspects like MPP and Veckatimist are actually pretty decent.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I have to say I completely disagree on that front, though I'm a big Radiohead fan. I've not liked anything they've put out this year, it's all been drones and sighs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I can see why you think this, but I think it's anything but.
    The tune is all over the place.
    I'd love to know why dac liked it. I've got a feeling it's for the same reasons I did.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I saw this thread and I was going to mention this, but you beat me to it. Only downloaded it semi recently but I'm already pretty obsessed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

It's not as good as 2008 from what I've heard, I'll say that, but not many years can stack up to 2008. Genghis Tron's Board Up The House (and I know I plug it all the time but yes it really is that good) was, in my mind, a perfect album, The Bedlam In Goliath was the best Mars Volta album to date. Cancer Bats released the heavier, more mature follow up to Birthing The Giant. Opeth's Watershed blew my mind, Fleet Foxes' debut album was surprisingly good.

This year, Alexisonfire released a follow-up to Crisis that was better than it, but also more depressing to listen to as it sees them drifting farther and farther away from the once great post-hardcore band that they were. Matisyahu released an extremely infectious album, but at the same time it's disappointing to see him become so polished and produced. The Mars Volta fell FAR short of The Bedlam In Goliath. The banRAB that really seem to be pulling it off this year are the southern hardcore and metal banRAB like Maylene, Every Time I Die, and He Is Legend, who have all released excellent albums. Brand New's "Daisy" is probably my current pick for album of the year, but I really hope that something truly special comes along and blows me away the same way Board Up The House did.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

'These are my Twisted WorRAB' is better than anything on In Rainbows, and I fucking loved In Rainbows.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I have a feeling the new Sufjan will be far and away the best album of '09.

So far it's been a pretty good year for new music though, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster, Matt & Kim, Morrissey, and Passion Pit came out early this year, and are still getting adequete plays from. While later releases, Brand New, and Imogen Heap, are still growing on me.

There have been letdowns though, Conra Starship, The Mars Volta, and Cursive for instance, all dissapointed me this year.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

I agree the new Mars Volta and Alexisonfire can't compete with their last albums but I don't think they're bad in the least. I do need to digest them a little more though. Each has only gotten a couple full listens. I still need to get that Sunn O))) album.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

No, you're right, they're both decent albums. Just not what I'd like to hear from either band.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2009; a good year?

Hopefully but we'll have to see. String rendition of Enjoy Your Rabbit also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information