Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!!!

How do i advertise myself as a home designer?

I am about to graduate from an ASA degree in drafting and design. I have done a couple plans for customers. I plan to continue my education as an Mechanical Engineer... so to get to the point i want to do some "free lance" jobs for customers. How do i get started???I can invest in a sign, but not an office right now.I could try the "bargain book" i thinks its like 5 cents a letter or something....

!@#$$

First off, congratulations! You have probably heard that "word of mouth is the best advertising" but how do you get that word of mouth going? Ask the customers who you have done plans for if they will give you a testimonial on your work. If they give good testimonials you can use that in your advertising.You can get low costs and design your own business cards at Vista Print. Also, advertise on your schools websites and face book, and any other communities you belong to. I work for a big 10 University and am always looking for students to hire for one thing or another. Once you continue to grow your freelancing and do a good job, the word of mouth will start working for you too.When you get the word out, be sure to explain clearly exactly what it is you can do.As you grow your business you may want to look into other resources on how to continue to grow your business online and offline. Good luck and I wish you the best in your continued education.

Phill

Search: Business Empire Magazine (sorry won't let me put link)they have a ton of information on advertising and other business related stuff that may help answer your questions and they let you submit press releases about your company also

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information