Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    teebone35

Why did all the Republicans vote "nay"?

Well because what I've seen of this poor excuse for a stimulus bill I don't see much in the way of creating jobs, or jobs that mean something, like those that would get our infrastructure up from the "D" rating it was given recently, or start the conversion to renewable energy, both of which would put people to work and do what the country badly needs, only about 80 billion of an 850 billion dollar bill would be going to infrastructure,what the hell is that?, it's peanuts and it's pathetic that we really need logical leadership and we're getting the same old pork barrel crap.

!BASH!

Ha Ha cause they know better than give out our money for more liberal pork PORK.

!@#$$

The Repubs were put in place by big business and industry interests, so naturally they're going to vote "nay" on a stimulus bill that doesn't cater primarily to the special interests that stuffed their campaign coffers. The GOP is only interested in using stimulus money to provide "immediate relief" rather than investing in the future infrastructure of this country that might provide green tech jobs for millions, give people more opportunity to educate themselves, and help alleviate health care costs for those that can't afford healthcare. For the Repubs, that's just too idealistic and "wasteful spending." The GOP has always been weary of change and progress, as the status quo is more profitable, and toeing the party line means more to them than working to get anything done. They'd rather play an obstructionist role to keep anything from getting done so that they can blame the Democrats and win back congress in the coming elections.

!*RaWr*!

distance cousin to the horse.

!C3M@n

Well for one thing, if you ask a Republican Congressman, he will probably tell you that his phone rang off the hook with people calling telling him to vote No. I know my Congressman would say that, because I knew several who called.This bill was a piece of crap. I'd go for spending money on infrastructure but when only $50 billion out of $850 billion will go for that (6%) it tells me that the Democrats are only paying lip service to the infrastructure needs of the nation. Also the so called tax cuts are a gimmick. Their throwing chump change at us and saying they cut taxes. This bill spends something close to $270,000 per job it creates. Might as well just send out $50,000 checks to each person and save the difference.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information