Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread

3 are covers, 3 are songs he wrote by himself (though if you include Forget Her that's 4), and the rest are co-written with other band merabers.

Skethces for My Sweetheart features mostly songs written entirely by Buckley, which were recorded for what was gonna be his next studio album.

There's a reason I said promising, in that he died before he could show people what he was really capable of, but I feel he had a lot of talent that he'd still be putting out great music if he were alive today.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not generalising you, I've genuinely never heard you have a good word to say about anything that could be considered radical or left field.

Maybe they were considered radical , left field , abrasive or whatever in 1975 but it's 2009 now, things have moved on. Boundaries have been broken. That just looks like a list mostly made up of mainstream rock banRAB who got a bit loud once in a while. Not saying there's anything wrong with those banRAB I have albums by all of them. But like I said music has moved on.

Well at least they were a charismatic train wreck with some great songs

If I wanted to hear melodious music in the first place I wouldn't be listening to the bloody Stooges would I.

Probably the highlight of an extremely dull & boring show

I don't call prog banRAB making noise "pretentious wankery". I call endless solos & boring neo classical rubbish "pretentious wankery".
    If you do find any punk banRAB who use those two things feel free to point them out to me so I can dismiss them as "pretentious wankery" as well.

Well talent stretches over lots of different aspects, the only one you seem to apply it to is musicianship.

What you mean is YOU wouldn't have cared, please don't speak on behalf of everybody. Personally i'm willing to look past someone's limitations if I find what they're doing compelling or interesting. It might interest me for 5 minutes or it might interest me for 5 decades, but as long as it says something while it has my attention that's fine with me. But then we already covered this the other day.

That's because you choose to ignore the post punk era save for a couple of successful banRAB that everybody likes. Although I dislike a lot of punk rock punk was the best thing that ever happened to music because it took music back out of the hanRAB of the boring public school educated middle class musos that was like an epidemic in your own beloved prog movement and inspired people to get up & say something. Making for some really interesting & diverse music.

That's why I hear so many successful rock banRAB of the last 30 years covering ELP songs on a regular basis.

Oh wait

For every one good song the MC5 wrote the Stooges wrote three.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't think much of Slayer until I tried to beat "Raining Blood" on expert in Guitar Hero 3 :-p

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

While I'm still here, can someone explain this sacred cow to me:

I cannot understand for the life of me why this gets lumped in with other seminal punk albums, it's just a bunch of recycled riRAB with little to nothing to support it. And aside from the title song there isn't a memorable track in the bunch, it's just about as disappointing as Tom Verlaine's countenance is in the album cover. I don't get it at all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I never entertained the downright retarded theory that the songs on Loveless were poorly done in any way at all.

lol

Have you ever even listened to it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that the last 3 tracks are pretty tame, but otherwise I love the album. The guitar solo in Elevation and the riff from Venus are just two examples of why I'd put it above average anyday. Each to their own though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does it also bother you that James Hetfield sings about losing his sight, hearing, arms and legs to a landmine despite the fact that this has clearly never happened to him?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've always seen The Smiths as a singles band. Really, really, REALLY good singles though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lol what? Everybody hates this record. Why would you get hate for disliking an awful album?

I don't think the album is overwhelmingly religious-themed. I think that songs like King of Carrot Flowers pt. 2-3 are meant to be ironic. I'd say that the album casts a negative light on religion overall.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

She does have a weird and unique voice, but at least her voice suits what she sings. There's way worse female vocalists out there.

Like Joanna Newsom, one of the most beautiful voices of this generation? Really?

Yeah, the voice of our generation sounRAB like a cross between Lucille Ball and a cat in heat. Go figure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information