Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1704

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weekly Music Trading Post

Think you could hit me up with a link?

It's a shame you can't do it, as it would've been pretty cool to have you on board. There's always the next one though eh.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna be timing the next trade hopefully for New Year's Day (I may or may not be away from the old desktop for a few days by then), so again there'll be bags of time for us all to get these reviews done and all that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

....uh dude, the album's name is "Pretest"

just so you know

good review.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PHOSPHORESCENT - PRIDE (2007)
    From - Manny

When I first got the PM i had a quick check up on the net while I was waiting for the link and the first thing that came to mind is how this was not sounding like something that was going to be easy for me to get into at all. The mention of 'indie-folk' and 'alternative country' immediately made me realise this wasnt gonna be up my street but I viewed this as a good thing. I would never check out this myself if it were based purely on the written word in any review I may sturable across.

Throughout the first track I was thinking the very same thing. The vocals were not doing a damn thing for me, if anything they were going right through me and I could already see myself giving a rather negative review but of course I kept listening. Now I'm finished and to be honest I havent the faintest idea what I think now or what my opinion of this record is as it completely threw me for six.

I like a lot of arabient music and this album certainly fits the bill which I think opened a few doors for me. It is very mellow sounding and beautifully spaced out so most of the tracks can make extremely soft and gentle use of an acoustic guitar, percussion, piano's and what must be countless different vocal parts to achieve some of the impressive harmonising.

Such a mellow, spacey album that it sounRAB a lot more minimalistic that it actually is. When listened to closely theres much more than going on than I personally would have realised had I only been half listening. It neeRAB another listen or two before I can really go either way on this one but theres lots of potential.

:thurab:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terrible Lizard was kind enough to send me Current 93's album "Dog Blood Rising". I'm not sure if it's one of those albums that you have to be inebriated when listening to, but in a sober state of mine I could not get into it. However it did go very well on my sleep playlist, the gothic chants did have a soothing effect for me so it wasn't a total loss.

Yeah whoever gets me will have a pretty easy time of it. I was looking even at the different boarRAB here and realized how many genres I just kind of ignore. Punk, blues, and classical I'm a complete n00b at.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's certainly cool. You're in.

I know. February alone I amassed 280 albums. I need to go to some sort of rehab clinic! I'm blaming it on not having a job!

sorry i didn't even know a thread for this existed (i usually don't open the stickied threaRAB)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Various things I've got some classics like No New York and Tropic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information