Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

i'm sorry, you'll have to explain that...didn't get the metaphor...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

Maiden for sure.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

I gotta agree with SATCHMO - maybe I have a different view of metal from the rest of you but at least I recognise the importance of Maiden within that genre - and to an exyent the importance of other banRAB within the genre!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

yay!!! lol!

Maiden or Priest

sleasy=80s=talent - it all goes hand in hand
    my point being their all technical guitarists, and there arent many out today that could outplay them. As far as "good" music, well thats just a matter of taste and opinions.

if by talent you mean basic 4 chord rythems and out of key vocals, then ok, you got me there. Eddy Van Halen could play circles around Kurt with one armed tied behind his back while doing cartwheels in a pool of spoiling pudding.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

Hard to choose this one.

Judas Priest could have been the biggest metal band of the 80s but they blew it spectacually. Firstly by having a feud with Maiden that stems from a 1980 gig where Maiden were supporting them & Secondly deserting their UK fan base to concentrate on America (They didn`t play a single gig in the UK between 1981 & 1988). Also releasing 3 terrible albums while Maiden were on a roll didn`t help either. By the time they did get it together in the early 90s & released their best album in almost a decade (Painkiller) while Iron Maiden were looking tired & jaded (Losing Smith & Dickinson & putting out some patchy albums) ,when they did finally get some success Halford decided to jump ship & do his own thing.

On the other hand Iron Maiden built their career on being a fan friendly band built on constant touring & not having to rely on mainstream success as Priest tried to do , therefore when they did hit a wall in the early - mid 90s they had a much bigger loyal fanbase than Judas Priest had to bail them out so to speak.

Musically if I had to choose between them i`d say Judas Priest just edge it. I don`t listen to much metal these days but if I do i`ll be likely to listen to albums such as Sin After Sin , Stained Class , Killing Machine & Screaming For Vengence than any Iron Maiden album. I`ve always thought it a shame that Maiden never kept the direction of their first album & I think Killers is a hugely underrated album. I liked the first couple of albums with Dickinson but I lost total interest after Somewhere In Time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

tricky. priest are my 3rd fave band ever - AOR is ****ing awesome, as is painkiller. but i have to say maiden are my fave band ever. they are far more consistent, and DOD is the best album ever.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

its do0d

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

Iron Maiden's the best, Metallica is Metallica thanks to Iron Maiden, alot of metal banRAB take a piece of Iron Maiden, and so should you. Comparing them to Juda's Preist is just stupid.

FYI; Juda's Preist is the 80's spawned metal band, Iron Maiden much earlier.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maiden or Priest

I like the cut of your jib!!! But we are skimming over Bryan Adams here right?! (please ignore the song I was listening to on my first post in this thread)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information