Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Band w/ the biggest impact

Well if we're going by majority rule I guess Britney Spears is talented and Emo is whiny pop-punk?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everyone knows green grapes are better. :drummer:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to disagree with pretty much everything there Urban.

Bleach is a more cohesive album then Nevermind, and I would call that shot even without any indication of popularity. In Utero is good, probably a more well rounded album but I'd take Bleach because of it's production sound, it's just my thing. And I never liked Incesticide so thats out. I can't find a bad song on Bleach either. I don't know how you gpt it down to 2 but I can't really see a weak point.

And I don't hear anything BS about the Melvins. You said the same thing about Kyuss, which is probably more ideal but even still it just doesn't float. There are thousanRAB of banRAB who are influenced by Sabbath, or any big old school band for that matter, and too many people these days seem to think that anything that sounRAB like *enter 70/80's band" equates to plagarism. It's just bullshit. A similar guitar tone does not make the music the same.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think my issue with Bleach is that around the time it came out there were loaRAB of noisepop banRAB around doing that sort of thing much better than Nirvana were.
    I still think that the whole Bleach popularity thing is down to the success of Nevermind rather than Bleach itself. My issue has always been if you love Bleach so much how come you`ve never heard stuff like Silverfish , Borab Everything , Fudge Tunnel & Mega City Four who were Nirvana`s contemperaries at the time of Bleach`s release.
    Now at this point people will probably call me an indie elistist snob or something because i`m slating the popular band and saying a bunch of banRAB on indie labels were better , but thats not the case , in fact those banRAB had a bigger following than Nirvana at the time , in fact Nirvana supported quite a few of them.
    If people have heard those banRAB and still prefer Bleach then fair enough , I just think people should at least listen to some of the other stuff from the pre grunge era that Nirvana were a part of before saying whether Bleach is such a fantastic album.

As for the Melvins / Kyuss thing , well like I said i`m only basing my opinion on one album I heard 10 or 12 years ago , I know that you are in a much better position to comment on the Melvins than I am , but that was my initial impression on hearing them.I`ve been wrong before and I will be again.
    As for Kyuss , I don`t mind them , in fact I own most of their stuff BUT whenever I hear them there`s always this nagging doubt in my head telling me i`d rather be listening to Black Sabbath instead, dunno why , it just happens.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

:bowdown:

Great response.

Seriously, you really pwned me there, how could i ever make a comeback afer that witty and brillant remark??

You dont know anything about songwriting, if you consider Cobain a horrible songwriter, that pretty much speaks for itself...You dont have to think of him as a great songwriter but saying he is horrible is flat out ridiclous, your arguement has had zero credibility simply for that reason.

Im not the biggest indie expert, im a prog guy, one thing i know for certain is that you have a horrible ear for music if you dont notice the other banRAB that have influenced Nirvanas work other than Pixies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes im a proghead, but elitist proghead?...Now i really feel insulted, after all most elitist progheaRAB dont even like me, im anything but a ELITIST prog fan, i dont look down on anyone on this forum for not sharing my taste for prog, since no one really does, i have never made some stupid thread like "Prog >>>> Punk" or anything like that.

And dont make judgements on something you know little about, you know jack**** about my tastes, i like more alternative rock than i do classic rock, which shows what you know.

I usualy dont talk about it, but i have a serious problem with you, and i will tell you why, you are a biased jerk, everytime you bash Nirvana, you say "i have a right to my opinion"...But whenever someone expresse's a positive opinion about Nirvana, you are the first to get on their ass about it, when you bash people for doing something you do all the time, what do you expect?

You are a hypocrite.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've said this 3 billion times on this thread (hey look, now I'm being a prankster like Cobain!): KURT COBAIN WROTE BORING, ANGSTY, CLICHE LYRICS FOR "NONCONFORMIST" TEENAGERS.

Jesus fucking Christ. Now you're just being an ass. Where did I say that Pixies were the ONLY band that influenced Nirvana? Nowhere. Now stop putting worRAB in my mouth, because you complained when I supposedly did it to you, and you've already done it to me twice.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well hot damn boo boo, you are just full of witty comebacks today."YOu suck balls" and "NOOB".....and I thought that you were better than that.....
    Just because I don't think "I'm so happy, cause today I found my frienRAB, they're in my head" is the greatest song ever written doesn't discount my opinion...OH WAIT! I FORGOT, you are an elitist proghead.

Not everyone sucks nirvana's balls like you and your crew of Nirvanaholics.
    But, I am not allowed to disagree with boo boo, because, if you do "you suck balls" or, as you said to Expletive "you are a ****ing idiot"

Its good to know that we have insightful people like you around here. You don't know a damn thing about music aside from prog and classic rock. So please, quit being an elitist ***, and shut up

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want to say Pixies for my own biases but that is well wrong. You can't deny their huge impact on music today though. Anyways, The Beatles because good pop music is the easiest way to influence anyone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bungalowbill shutup about people being eltist, because frankly you're not far from one yourself and just like boo boo defenRAB nirvana you attack them so I hardly think thats much of an arguement. As for him only caring about prog and classic rock, thats why hes defending nirvana? Last time I checked they weren't either nor were the ramones or the minutemen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information