Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I Really The Only One?

It's probably been said before but any band who gets even half a decent sized following will be called over-rated by somebody. It's all about taste. I for one don't care for any of those banRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't understand how Everclear, Babes in Toyland, Beck, Blur, Husker Du, The ORABpring, Jane's Addiction and Soundgarden sound like Nirvana.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted that Oasis was big sales wise, and that like Pearl Jam people do not actually know much about them. (song names, merabers names, history, etc...)

Urban was saying that Othat might not be true since Oasis sold so well, but Pearl Jam did not outside of US.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

meh they are both sh.it , I guess in certain situations sh.it can be funny.....it is still sh.it though.
    I was not saying that all rock post nirvana was good, I was just saying that Nirvana did open things up for some very good banRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cant believe people call Modest Mouse overrated. They're pretty much underrated over on this side of the pond.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. now tell me, was it a good album then?

2. no, but throughout the whole statement, you were leaning towarRAB oasis. now tell me, who do you prefer?

3. you said that Blur was the media favorite, and im saying no, oasis were the media favorite for a few reasons. 1. they were more popular = more media coverage 2. they were the biggest band in the world at that time 3. they released the top selling albums. even METALLICA (ooooooh) said that blur were a bunch of pansy prettyboys and that oasis were superior, now who are the metal fanboys going to lean toward.

4. NME wasnt the only music magazine at the time, and no, damon albarn was not best frienRAB with the editor, they just knew eachother well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess you are right, I just don't really think of those banRAB as being metal. Even Fudge Tunnel, who I was into a lot in the early 90's and who was on earache, I never thought of as a metal band.

The Melvins, The Butthole Surfers, Helmet and Albini's projects I definately never though of as metal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

metallica and nirvana are banRAB that were the first of their kind. metallica was too punk for the metal clubs and too metal for the punk clubs, so they corabined the two and went big. as far as i know they were the first to do so on such a large scale. in the late 80s nearly all the good hair metal banRAB went soft and started writing ballaRAB, and thats when nirvana came and kicked the sh*t out of all the puss ballad banRAB. it was something nobody had ever heard before.

so please understand that those 2 banRAB were the first of their kind and deserve more respect than you're putting out. modest mouse is also a good band but that's my opinion so i'll keep that to myself.

:afro:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fudge Tunnel-sludge metal, heavy metal, alternative metal
    Melvins-heavy metal, alternative metal
    Helmet-alternative metal

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They're still hyped a lot in most indie circuits though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information