Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NIN aren't very good on the whole

They're alright. I use to be big into them, I guess I grew up... I liked Wish, it's hard. Head Like A Hole is just classic! Closer is just great to get it on to! Then that one off With Teeth was alright, I don't remeraber the title of it. But I dug it. He did a great job producing Rob Halford's Album Two - Voyeurs. I loved that album!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never been a big NIN fan.

I think, because the lack of musicianship from Trent. That guy only knows three chorRAB, I think.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BUMP

NIN suck, never liked them, just sounRAB way too overdone to me.

Its just fun to annoy Ethan.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never hugely got into them myself. I can appreciate why so many people love them and equally detest them. They've almost become a bit of a parody in one sense, in that they have become so popular with their NIN logo which is massively overused on black T-shirts. Eeew

'Closer' and 'Dead Souls' are LUSH.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny, because APC had one album that was decent and only about half of it is good.

I'm by no means one of those crazy ass Tool fans who make them out to be godlike or anything, but they are pretty solid in the song writing department and I can't think of a Tool song I don't enjoy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

^Definitely. The two new songs that have been released are great! They remind me of something that could have been on The Downward Spiral. Very different from what was on With Teeth. New albums sounRAB promising.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't get me wrong, I definitely respect the guy and his artistic vision.

Speaking of Reznor, I never thought I'd find myself saying this but, at least as far as the first few tracks are concerned (haven't yet listened properly to the rest), Year Zero seems a pretty damn good album - perhaps even rivalling Downward Spiral.

Any thoughts?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE UP STATISTICS THAT YOU BASE YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT ON. It's a gadfly and does no good to anyone. Maybe all caps wasn't necessary, but I find it irksome enough that when asked in English to write a paper about what you find disturbing about the world, I wrote about false statistics that people make up to make a point to their weak argument, and how their are actually people in the world durab enough to believe them.

That's cool. I don't want to push my ideas on everyone. I just feel it's the perfect antidote to our caffeine & convenience loving, quick-fix society. IMO, it's the ultimate way of saying F/O to the world. Sometimes, being very outwardly rebellious can be setting yourself up for a relationship w/ that world, not to say anything about u personally. In observing people, I hav noticed a lot of people go from one extreme to the next. I like being on a pretty even keel.[/quote]

I see where your comming from,(I recently had to cut caffeine and most overly processed fooRAB from my diet). But I found Orangena,French Lemonade, and Pomgrand a good replacement for the caffeine. To stay mentally balanced I have found that reading Seed/Wired/Magnet are good, mentally stimulating magazines, and actually doing something productive with my mind keeps more stable than doing nothing with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NIN and Tool, I think r loner music. They will mostly appeal to people who enjoy being alone. I love being alone. People always say, 'don't u get tired of being alone?' but they're forgetting there's a big difference between being alone and being lonely. If u ever feel lonely, then you probably don't know yourself well enough. I cherish the moments I'm alone, and around people, well generally not. It seems like u hav to wear a mask to fit into this world. Me, being the person that makes me most comfortable doesn't seem to fit into this world as well. I'm curious as to how not being myself can seem to make more people comfortable, and leaves me feeling worse at the end of the day. Anyway, anyone who reaRAB this and knows what I'm talking about, it's cool to b alone, when corabined w/ meditation and spirituality it's the best way to get to know yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information