Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickleback

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

It's kind of hard to overlook 26% approval ratings...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

hahahahahaha

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Yeah well agree or disagreeing is just letting nature take its course I guess.
    I suppose so you do have a point, when I first came on here I actually did other posts but it wasnt long until I saw the Beatles vs Rolling Stones post & thought originally it would be a bad idea to post my opinions on them and knew it wouldnt go down popular but I wanted to create a stir(when I had told someone this during the discussion they accused me of just making it up in order to get attention but that is most definitely not the case) and it made for good topical discussion (IMO).
    I suppose but all I was saying was that if you class namecalling as 'hurling abuse' then you shouldnt do it back. (especially if your a moderator IMO).
    And dont worry, luckily I wasnt offended at all by your 'gobby noobs' post.(as you can tell Im too thick skinned for that)
    Well to be honest I had been avoiding you up till that point :shycouch: but just couldnt contain myself when you wrote of Grunge as rubbish, I can accept that you dont like it (as I never used to before) and it is just down to taste at end of day. Also I thought you mightve banned me again if I started talking to you again on the posts so I just left it be & took a chance today :bowdown:.

So is there any music that WE BOTH LIKE?? Have you checked out any of the non-abusive posts Ive posted. Also I have a Paul Weller alliance with one of your moderator homies! :bringit:
    That way we wont have to argue about it, you wont call me 'gobby noobs' & i wont call you an 'idiot'. As they say keep your frienRAB close but your enemies even closer! :bonkhead:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

In retrospect, was Nirvana REALLY a grunge band? Think about it.
    Bleach was about the only "grunge" studio album that they released.

Listen to Nevermind... just because there is use of feedback doesn't mean it's a grunge album. If you listen to their contemporaries, the mainstream "grunge" banRAB like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the like really don't fit into the genre.

Nirvana was another grunge/punk rock band with Bleach, just a harder version of the Pixies with Nevermind, and sure the guitars of In Utero were "grungy", but that album had a level of artistic maturity that banRAB like Mudhoney or Mother Love Bone never had.

Grunge is fun, intenst music but I really wouldn't call it the only music that "makes sense".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Because I hate America.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Hey now don't get me wrong, I'm am NOT a big Oasis fan. But I do think they succeeded in making defeating both the American and UK grunge scene at the time.. no matter how irrelevent and minor that victory really was.

I made the comparison half-way serious as I view both banRAB at about the same level:

Mudhoney = One of the first Grunge banRAB. Good, not great.
    Oasis = One of the first Britpop banRAB. Good, not great.

And this is the song by the way:

[youtube]LAkJjtmUVgg[/youtube]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I was more so challenging you to produce 3 or more musical notes with a wooden spoon and a frying pan. I found that to be a rather ridiculous claim.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

Yeah well I just remerabered they used to be my favourite band so I changed it but at least I have realised they are **** now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

I didn't say I've never heard them, I'm sure I have, I'm just saying I'm not sure I'd recognize one of their songs as them if I heard it. I don't listen to the radio and apparently don't know any of the "stupid mums and daRAB" you're talking about because I literally can't name a single Nickleback song. I know they're popular, I know they're Canadian, I know they sound like a million other modern rock banRAB and I know basically everyone on this board makes fun of them, that's the extent of my knowledge of them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nickleback

No it is in fact incredibly simple. So simple that you should only be able to produce one or two sounRAB. Saying that someone can't produce a plethora of sounRAB from a frying pan isn't exactly an insult.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information