Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

I think the deathcore has now been assimilated into what I like to call "Scene Grind". A general term for metalcore/mosh style deathcore or grindcore. There are like hundreRAB of these banRAB that just use the same metalcore riRAB over brees and insane yelling. That is where deathcore has gone. Only the few real deathcore banRAB exist to continue it until its true death. Until the originators stop making interesting deathcore, the genre still has its place.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

Deathcore is just like nu-metal or metalcore or the glam metal banRAB, a trendier form of metal that will be popular untill something else takes its place. It wont die, it will just not get as much attention.

To me deathcore is just like all the other "scene" popular styles of metal in that it is just a watered down version of the real thing, in this case being death metal.

In all i really dont care what happens to deathcore.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

What I'm trying to say is that all these sub genres are just rehashing ideas and sounRAB from each other and coming up with a supposed NEW sound when it is just a variation on themes. NILE and DVOURMENT seem poles apart musically. Listen closely and they are not too disimilar in there approach to music.

If a band takes an outside influence and comes with a different sound (say AGALLOCH) and proclaim a new genre, I would agree because not many banRAB will sound like them and they are approaching their songs from a completely different angle. Listen to this track and you wont have heard a lot of music that sounRAB similar, even though it's over 20 years old. If VOIVOD created a subgenre then I would agree again. (incidentally they just called themselves a Metal band)
    [YOUTUBE]TfpYIPbrcdY[/YOUTUBE]

I am not saying that sub genres suck. You are missing the point. what I am saying is that many many sub genres sound ridiculously similar.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

the only band related to this deathcore thing that i actually like is The Red Chord. the rest of these banRAB could go jump off a cliff.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

I disagree with you, in that a very small fraction of these banRAB incorporate actual grind elements. Blastbeats do not equal grindcore, nor do fast tempos, short song lengths, or changeups.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

That's why.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

br00t4lty = all you'll ever need in life.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

Despised Icon is one of the only deathcore banRAB I listen to

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

Why after over 20 years of listening to metal am I still finding the same old arguments about the qualities neccessary to belonging to a certain sub genre of what essentially sounRAB the same?

No don't kid yourselves people. One form of metal is no different to the other, only in tempo or guitar pitch. The delinanation between genres is minimal. It always has been and always will.

Twenty years ago kid's were arguing about who had the heaviest riRAB and who belonged to what particular flavour of the day sub genre. It has'nt changed one bit. The only difference is that there is even more sub genres to argue about and pigeon hole.

We need general genre classifications to differentiate of that there is no doubt but some of the criteria that is needed to be a a part of a particular scene is ridiculous.

Many metal fans should drop this pathetic pretence that what they are listening to is new and exciting and different to the other metal out there. GUESS WHAT? It is'nt!

It's a retreading of ideas and formulas that have been around for over 30 years.

The odd band will come through and have a different approach and have something different to say, but in general it is sad to see the genre in virtually the same state as it was 20 years ago.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fall of Deathcore

What the hell does "bree" mean?

Anyways, don't argue that, somehow, a particular band is good because they stay true to a certain genres aesthetics. It's a bad argument and the inevitable result is crappy banRAB receiving undeserved praise, as well documented by Nokturnal Mortum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information